Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • GM motors 'stop pedaling start driving' ad!
  • tang
    Free Member

[/url]

lowey

Arseholes.

aP
    Free Member

You do get a lot of metal for your money in the US don’t you. Admittedly most of its badly put together and the fuel economy is a joke – but feel the width.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What’s the big deal, it’s an advert for cars not official health advice.

lowey

fat by lowey.com, on Flickr

wwaswas

It’s not just bikes they try and get rid of;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_streetcar_scandal

testimony was presented to a United States Senate inquiry into the causes of the decline of transit car systems in the US. This alleged that there was a wider conspiracy—by GM in particular—to destroy effective public transport systems in order to increase sales of automobiles and that this was implemented with great effect to the detriment of many cities.

cookeaa

Don’t worry, as soon as these students realise their discounted GM car is Shite they’ll be back on their bikes…

Harry_the_Spider

Land of the free and home of the fat.

PJM1974
    Free Member

A GM Sierra pickup is going to be about as much use as a handbrake on the QE2 very soon for a variety of reasons.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Is the small one a rebadged Astra?

A GM Sierra pickup is going to be about as much use as a handbrake on the QE2 very soon for a variety of reasons.

Although until then you get to play at being Riggs, which has got to be worth it. Stilt houses beware.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is the small one a rebadged Astra?

Probably, It’s a Chevy Sonic, which is astra sized. GM have a comon platform for all (or at least most of) it’s small cars.

[edit] wikipedia says it’s the gamma platform (astra is one size biggger, the delta) which makes it a corsa (and variosu fiat/alfa romeo’s)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Seems to have backfired somewhat
    http://twitter.com/#!/gm

There does seem to be a surprising number of people, even in the UK, that see cycling as something for the poor.

Have they not seen how much forks costs these days?

carbon337
    Free Member

She is laughing as he doesnt have Dura-ace or Ultegra.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have they not seen how much forks costs these days?

About £10 on ebay?

You’re confusing the “want” for a 853 fillet brazed custom built tourer with phil wood everything, with the “need” for a basic hi-ten rigid frame and thumb shifters from decathlon.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Why is he saluting her?

nbt

hmmm, can’t see twitter without signing up , it seems :/

rewski
    Free Member

Mind you he does look a bit like Mr Biker Liker from Grandpa in my pocket

z1ppy

Better GM Twitter link (so you don’t need an account)

(link above is fine, it’s just the end bit isn’t recognised as part of the URL on this site)

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i can see the twitter thing. i feel sorry for the GM tweet monkey who has to type endless apologies to cyclists 😀

nbt

ta zippy 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

from Grandpa in my pocket a stw ride.

FTFY

nbt

Has anyone told Carlton @ bikebiz?

Edit – I see he’s aware

wors

Bunch of tossers.

Is the bird looking at the guys cock?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

She’s eying his manly pecks, developed by years of lugging a hi-ten bike around.

He’s merely lifted his arm to help her get a better view.

She’s obviously since has a small knicker explosion.

brooess
    Free Member

How out of touch are GM?
    I’m writing a presentation about social media at work – great case study of how it’s changed the balance of power in favour of consumers 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How out of touch are GM?
    I’m writing a presentation about social media at work – great case study of how it’s changed the balance of power in favour of consumers

See, I’d say it’s not so much “consumers”, as putting the power into the hands of vocal minorities?

Contravercial example:
    70% of the UK population identify themselves as Christian
    4% ………………………………………Muslim

A handfull of religious nutjobs (who happen to be Muslim) post marterdom video’s/hatred vidoes etc on youtube and the like. The BNP has more suppourt in this country than there are Muslims simply because of a very vocal minority in their opposition creating a preception that all muslims are bad, and there are a lot more muslims than the reality.

Substitute the word muslim for cyclist, cristian for car driver and religious nutjob for STW forum dweller.

MrsToast
    Free Member

How out of touch are GM?
    I’m writing a presentation about social media at work – great case study of how it’s changed the balance of power in favour of consumers

Well, if you look at their Twitter feed, they’ve said they’re going to change the campaign and apologised for any offence…

geordiemick00
    Free Member

My lass has a 57 plate Chavrolet and it’s actually better built than a corsa but it’s still a dreary poorly built to a budget POS. With regards to the ad in question, GM obviously view the common american student as thick as shit if they think they”ll fall for their strap line.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Full marks for somehow linking cyclists to muslims and the BNP.

takisawa2

How many folk (& probably majoruty non-biking folk), will follow links to that ad just to see what the fuss is about…
    The ad-man has done his job.

Still sucks though, but this is the good ol’ US of A(rseholes).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Full marks for somehow linking cyclists to muslims and the BNP.

I’m going to assume you’re trying to act all offended on someonee elses bahalf in a daily mail kinda way?

Just pointing out that shouing very loudly doesn’t always get your point accross and sometimes just makes the oposition dig it’s heels in.

I’m a cyclist, I’m not offended by that advert? I doubt even the guy who designed the advert believed the message, it was probably a joke, you know, those things you’re supoosed to laugh at?

SaxonRider

lowey – Member

fat by lowey.com, on Flickr

I like that, lowey. Am I/are we allowed to use it in any capacity?

nbt

I like that, lowey. Am I/are we allowed to use it in any capacity?

it’s not his, it;’s from some guy in Melbourne. HOwies used it a while back

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got an idea for their new campaign.

“Stop W*nking, start driving”

Pic of a sad looking bloke sat in front of his pc looking at pron.
    Juxtaposed with a pic of a bloke driving his F-off big truck to a brothel (or maybe his chick’s house).

That’s better.

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody hell, looking at that twitter feed… people were actually offended? ? ?

maccruiskeen

Why is he saluting her?

He isn’t, you just can’t see what he has drawn on the back of his hand

mintimperial

Bloody hell, looking at that twitter feed… people were actually offended? ? ?

People on twitter will get offended at anything. You should have seen the squawking coming from drivers last week when Charlie Brooker posted his (very funny) anti-car rant. You’d think he’d gone out and personally kicked all their dogs from the way they were going on about it.

defydude
    Free Member

A riposte from Giant:

midlifecrashes

Giant clearly weren’t buying my lunches when I did a regular 10 mile commute.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘GM motors 'stop pedaling start driving' ad!’ is closed to new replies.