Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glue for sticking vinyl to foam. ( saddle repair)
  • juiced
    Free Member

Hi

Want to repair a rip to my DMR saddle. Would evo stick be fine? Anything any better? Saddle is foam with a vinyl section ripped. Probably be off to wilkinsons during the week.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Do you mean evo stik like super glue? Evo stik do lots of different glues. You need something more like a pva. Can't remember what it was called but I used a spray on glue to stick vinyl to a work surface once. It goes rubbery rather than hard, which is what you want. Sorry, that doesn't help much, but don't use superglue type glues.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Solvent free I think I mean. Not sure. Not too up on chemically things. Anyway. Good luck.

juiced
    Free Member

thanks that's helpful

juiced
    Free Member

just remebered Bostik – that should do the trick. Dries very rubbery

Suggsey
    Free Member

I know it may be teaching you to suck eggs but read the label first. I would opt for some artists Cow Gum in spray format to stick the foam to the saddle hull then some good old Duck Tape. May not look pretty but will last for ever. failing that if the rips is that bad just look for a budget replacement saddle I managed to sanp up a really great deal on a 2007 saddle, cost only a little bit more than the glue would.

juiced
    Free Member

true. Cheers

aracer
    Free Member

Do you mean evo stik like super glue? Evo stik do lots of different glues.

It's obviously just me, but when somebody says "Evo-stick" I'd always assume the rubbery contact adhesive than comes in a red tube or tin (the glue-sniffers favourite!) That would be certainly be the first thing I'd think of for an application like this – though I've no idea if it's optimal.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I thought of wood glue first, then googled it, and was presented with all sorts of sticky witchcraft.

juiced
    Free Member

I was thinking of the gluesniffer fave too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glue for sticking vinyl to foam. ( saddle repair)’ is closed to new replies.