Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Glue experts – best glue to fix freezer drawer?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just bagged a fridge freezer but the one freezer drawer is split. Seem to remember having limited success glueing one in the past.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s some kind of hard plastic that doesn’t glue easily. I tried it and ended up buying a new drawer from Eblag.

You could try drilling and rivetting on another piece of plastic?

midlifecrashes

My fridge door shelf has been drilled and ziptied for many years, white gaffer tape over the top to disguise it a bit.

binners

Glue? Pfft! Amateur!

luketracey

Duct tape is your friend here, all 3 draws in our freezer are repaired using it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Would Sucru work?

johndoh
    Free Member

Or drill either side of the crack and strap a couple of cable ties around it?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I fixed ours with some of this Putty

BoardinBob

Google the make and model. Spares are almost always available. I did the same for a broken shelf in my fridge.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Duct tape* of course! Thanks.

*Recently duct-taped a potentially flapping tarp on a trailer, neatly taped along the edge of tarp so made a seal from the wind. Worked a treat.

PS Does anyone still call it ‘gaffer tape’? I like gaffer tape, me.

ourmaninthenorth

PS Does anyone still call it ‘gaffer tape’? I like gaffer tape, me.

Yes!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ours is drilled and zip tied, has been rock solid for years.

timba
    Free Member

Duct tape. I tried various epoxies and other glues but none liked either the plastic or the cold

cheers_drive

The drawer is probably polypropylene which has very low surface energy meaning little will stick to it, even at room temp. Duct tape or Gorilla tape is your best bet for adhesive, if not a mechanical fix

nuke

I used helicopter tape instead of duct tape when ours broke around the corner…strong and clear for that professional look 8)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I used cheap super glue from Wilkos In the summer, still holding strong. 5 yr old v ice lolly in freezer compartment 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I think it’s polystyrene, if that helps.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Glue experts – best glue to fix freezer drawer?’ is closed to new replies.