Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Glucosamine and chrondroitin etc
  • sadexpunk

ive always bought established named stuff, seven seas or holland and barratt.

seen an advert for easyvit products in the paper today. waaaaaaay cheaper. which got me wondering, is there any difference in quality?

looking at the stuff im taking now, its seven seas capsules. each one has 250mg glucosamine sulphate, 200 chrondroitin, 250 fish oil inc 150mg of omega-3. theres 30 capsules for a fiver or so i think.
    also taking a seven seas cod liver oil capsule a day. 525mg inc 120mg omega 3.

easyvit look like theyre selling same sort of strengths if not stronger for the same sort of price, but 360 capsules instead of 30!!

anyone got any experience of them? will it be sh*te stuff? or is it a case of glucosamine is glucosamine so you cant go wrong?

vitamin experts to the front please 🙂

timwillows
    Free Member

No expertise, but been using the Healthspan stuff for years and its always worked for me and lots cheaper than stuff from the high street http://www.healthspan.co.uk only downside is that they like to mail me junk every month

footstomper
    Free Member

Try Here

This is where I get mine from.

sadexpunk

ah right, looks like H&B/seven seas are the exception to the rule then. everywhere else a lot cheaper than them.

thanks 🙂

sadexpunk

just out of interest, are there any recommended daily amounts of glucosamine/chrondroitin/cod liver oil/omega3 etc etc?

does it matter whether you have 250mg or 500mg a day? is 1000mg overkill, that sort of thing?

iainc

Healthspan here too and no complaints re quality or price

therealhoops
    Free Member

I get the granny-strength versions from Nature's Best. Tiz waaaay cheaper than H&B and high strength too.

sadexpunk

ok, just about to place an order with healthspan thanks. 2 sets of capsules.

glucosamine 500mg / chrondroitin 100mg
    and
    cod liver oil 570 mg

that sound about right? i wouldnt have a clue :-/
    i could order 1000mg cod liver oil for double the price, which i dont mind doing, but how much do people generally need?

cheers

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

there is no evidence this stuff works at all.

If you take it for 6 months and feel no benefit stop wasting your money.

iainc

I buy the Healthspan 'Chondromax' – seems to have a good balance of concentrations. I also get their omega3 capsules, which are similar to the cod liver oil but sometimes cheaper and higher strength

sadexpunk

>-( thats NOT what i want to hear!!

i WANT WANT WANT stronger joints!! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Glucosamine and chrondroitin etc’ is closed to new replies.