Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Glow in the dark stars
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

As a kid I had glow in the dark stars on my bedroom ceiling and would like the same for my daughter. Amazon has come up with very mixed reviews most don’t seem to glow for long.

Anybody bought some online that they have been pleased with.

druidh
    Free Member

Buy some, send them to me, and I’ll dip them in the sea at Dalgety Bay. That should do the trick.

Realistically, glow-on-the-dark plastic doesn’t work for very long between each light charge. I suspect that any reviewers complaining have the wrong expectations.

kevj
    Free Member

Lovely thought, I always wanted these as s kid.

How Long does it take for a kid to fall asleep? How long do the stars glow for? I imagine the people who left reviews are expecting nuclear powered stars ffs.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

We have around 500+ in each of our childrens rooms along with a full solar system worth of planets. Bought them at Dynamic Earth – not that this will help you.

Looks pretty amazing when you get it totally pitch black in the rooms. They glow for 30mins or so.

willard

Had them in my last house, and will have them again in the new one. Great for short amounts of starry goodness after the lights go out!

Childish I know, but I still like it.

CountZero

One thing that might help is if you can get a UV light source that you can shine on the stars, but shield it from the kids. There are UV LED torches and lamps on eBay and DX. That’ll give the stars a much longer life. You could even get dayglo paper in different colours and punch out lots of round bits with a hole punch and stick those to the ceiling with glue. You could make whole galaxies and constellations, and they will glow beautifully with the UV.

TooTall
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

My lad got some in a party bag the other week, so they must be around somewhere…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Glow in the dark stars’ is closed to new replies.