Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gloves
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

Waterproof but not really thick like winter gloves.

Any ideas?

ruscle
    Free Member

[/url]
    Country living by Mashka Cordwell, on Flickr[/img]

Shorty121
    Free Member

I see what you did there 😆 any sensible suggestions?

ruscle
    Free Member

I use the Gore Xenon windstopper gloves through the winter. These are tight fitting gloves with a little terry towelling inside so still keep you warm over winter but aren’t bulky, they are fairly waterproof as well. Not sure if would be too warm over the spring/summer months.

Shorty121
    Free Member

How waterproof is the windstopper fabric?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve been looking out for some for ages

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thinnon-insulated-waterproof-gloves

Endura Strikes sort of work, but the membrane regularly comes apart form the lining & shell. And they’re still a bit thicker than is necessary.

I was wondering about a glove with a waterproof back and thumb to keep the worst off your hands when riding, but a thin clarino palm. I ought to go into kit design…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The water will get in the massive hole where your wrist is. Get some oakley factory pilots.

james
    Free Member

‘only’ water resistant but my Specialized BG Deflects are quite good for light rain (they wetted out the odd time it rained properly for more than a shower), fairly weather resistant and so long as its dry they’re good down to a couple of deg C
    Being fairly thin (for a water/wind/cold resistant glove) they’re not too bad for riding in either, not getting in the way like other gloves Ive used do (Spesh radiant for sub zero, sealskinz winter cycle)

Also they’re one layer and use a neoprene (or similar) cuff rather than a velcro strap so aren’t a faff to put on/off all the time

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Look what I’ve just found:

Particularly impressive was the new Ironmask waterproofing treatment. Instead of soaking in, water simply beads on the surface of the glove and rolls off.

That looks like a standard Fox Racing Attack glove to me. I want to know more!

Nobby

]The problem with waterproof treatments is that they work both ways making gloves the equivalent of marigolds much of the time.

I’ve been using the Pearl Izumi PRO Softshell Lites for a couple of years now – they’re light, thin, windproof & water resistant. They do seem to hold out for quite a while before wetting through but still remain warm.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Email back from Aaron at Fox:

The treatment used is ‘Ion-Mask’ I believe there was a typo in that web feature. It is our proprietary water repellency treatment at molecular level, and is featured as standard on our Attack glove, stealth bomber, and Unabomber glove. Whilst it offers a certain amount of protection against the elements, it is not a fully waterproof treatment.

The attack glove has been a very popular seller, with its cuffless design, and single layer palm making it a very light, second skin style glove. However I would not want to recommend it to you on the premise it is a waterproof glove

GW
    Free Member

I hate gloves. Luckily my hands are waterproof

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I hate having cold hands. And wet hands usually means cold hands.
    But I am starting to dislike thick gloves. Hence following this thread…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gloves’ is closed to new replies.