Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gloves
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are there any outdoor thermal gloves that allow a high level of dexterity/touch? I’m talking writing, sketching, using a camera and GPS? I appreciate fingerless may be the standard answer but I’d prefer full-fingered if possible.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Defeet dura gloves E-Touch variety. There’s a woollen version too but not tried them.

mikey74
    Free Member

How warm are they?

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!

I don’t need touch screen functionality, by the way.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Re warmth of DeFeet dura gloves, they are surprisingly good. I rode for a couple of hours last week on the road bike in just a pair of those and my Garmin tells me it was 4C. My fingers were fine.

jonba
    Free Member

Look for “work gloves” on ebay. Some of those may be suitable.

Other options may be to look at fishing and sailing gloves as they often have dexterity to allow you to work with hooks/lines or ropes.

Ice climbing gloves may also be an idea but they are £££

As a general rule there is a compromise since warmth comes from insulation which will be at the expense of dexterity.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

100% Brisker gloves

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I wore mine on Saturday, it was cold enough for about 4″ of snow at Glentress but my Sealskinz stayed in my bag.

CraigW
    Free Member

I have been wondering about his myself, I would like some warm gloves for photography etc. For full dexterity, I think it does have to be fingerless.

I am looking at fingerless gloves, with a flap to cover the fingers. Seems to be a few available, but not sure which are any good.
    Maybe shooting gloves, with a fold over trigger finger?

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve looked at those fingerless w/flap gloves and decided for what I need them for, they’ll be a pain: We’re talking geological mapping on the Isle of Skye, where I’ll be removing the slap every couple of minutes, not to mention fiddling around with equipment, pencils, and a notebook.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gloves’ is closed to new replies.