Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gloucestershire newbie. Riding recommendations for tomorrow.
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Just moved over to Gloucestershire, was supposed to be going out on a group ride this morning but it turned out I couldn’t make it. Now itching to get out on the bike. Not looking for DH grade riding, don’t have my full face or the confidence after my crash 🙁

I was thinking of heading out to FOD but after looking they only have a red of ~5miles and the rest is DH track / blue. I’ve heard quite good things about Cranham woods?

Any recommendations for a loop tomorrow?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

FoDs really great, lots of off piste stuff if you know where. Forest is huge, go exploring. Blue is great fun and they have Enduro route is an hour long even if your fit although thats not marked. You got GPS?

ryderredman
    Free Member

Thanks Pawsy bear. I’d love to do the enduro route but sadly no I don’t have a GPS, I could do the phone gpx thing but I can see that not working out too well!

CheesybeanZ

How much do you want to ride ? there’s miles and miles of off piste in the FoD . As long as you don’t cross the road and stay in the area where Verders and Freeminers trails are you really cant get lost .
    We’re riding there tomorrow – mix of Verders enduro and off piste . It’ll be at bimble pace but your welcome to join us .

ryderredman
    Free Member

How bimble is bimble? I don’t mind waiting for anyone/riding slowly (when climbing), just don’t wanna hold anyone back!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Looks like you got a group

ryderredman
    Free Member

May well have! Lets see if Beans comes back 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Not sure how to answer bimble speed wise – there’ll be 3 of us including MrsbeanZ , we won’t be chasing Liam Killeens lap times , just out for a normal ride .

sgn23
    Free Member

Gloucestershire’s a big county. Care to narrow it down a bit? The riding is quite varied depending on where you are: Fod, Leckhampton & Cleeve, Cranham, Stroud valleys, Cotswolds etc.
    Mud plays a big factor this time of year (stay out of Cranham). The all weather armoured routes in the FoD are always good in the winter.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cranham is good when dryish.Mud bath at present not what it was gets to thrashed in crap weather and trails are not that wide.There is quite a bit of felling in there at present.Lecky hill is good also very muddy at present.FOD has loads of trails.

ryderredman
    Free Member

More specifically Gloucester. I’ve sorted out a ride tomorrow in FoD now 🙂 Thanks for all the fish!

CheesybeanZ

See you tomorrow 🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

and welcome to Glos 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

I live in the shire, heading over the FoD early tomorrow. You are more than welcome to join me and my pal I. The future if you have already grabbed a ride for tomorrow. We are mid 30’s lads, not breathtakingly quick just out for a laugh usually do enduro, verder red. Some off piste as well. The. Back to centre for a pie. Email in profile if your are looking for future ride buddy’s

Russ

v666ern
    Free Member

Op if you email me your strava name I’ll add you and you can work out some local routes. I’m based just up from Brockworth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gloucestershire newbie. Riding recommendations for tomorrow.’ is closed to new replies.