Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Glorious day at Kirroughtree today.
  • scotabroad

Well despite Scotland seemingly being shut according to the usual media BS/ hype Dumfries and Galloway has had another day of clear blue skies and sunshine, and still no snow (well about an inch).

Went round Kirroughtree and it was absolutely bl##dy fantastic. An inch or two snow, blue skies, sunshine, no wind, trails frozen solid so plenty grip and fast rolling. Just myself so a very etheral ride for sure.

Sorry only got pics on phone so none to post.

Cheers

S

😀 😀 😀

Dougal
    Free Member

trails frozen solid so plenty grip and fast rolling

It’s a man made trail, they are always going to have plenty of grip and be fast rolling.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s a man made trail, they are always going to have plenty of grip and be fast rolling

…unless covered by a few inches of slippy snow and ice, which I believe was the point.

Sounds ace, piccies next time please

stumpynya12
    Free Member

jammmy bugger 😉 My favorite stane, always ride it when I’m up that way but its a 9 hour round trip.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah amazing! I was out yesterday but it was the wind that was really getting to me. I guess much of Kirroughtree is quite sheltered, apart from McMoab. Sounds like a great ride.

Liftman

Hoping to go there at the weekend, its looking like one of the few rideable trails for this week.

simonralli2
    Free Member

We have only had a dusting of snow in Dumfries and Galloway so people should be fine for Ae, Mabie, Drumlanrig, Dalbeattie, Kirroughtree and the much forgotten Glen Trool 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

It’s a man made trail, they are always going to have plenty of grip and be fast rolling.

So speaks a chap who has not ridden Drumlanrig in winter! (Maybe!)

imnotverygood

Well despite Scotland seemingly being shut according to the usual media BS/ hype Dumfries and Galloway has had another day of clear blue skies and sunshine,

To be fair to the media… most of Scotalnd is shut so it is hardly hype

scotabroad

Ok here goes a first try at posting a picture off my phone (quality not superb but it gives a flavour…

scotabroad

To be fair to the media… most of Scotalnd is shut so it is hardly hype

Fair enough, but the constant whining about the weather is wearing a bit thin, its winter ffs!

ton

stew…………what’s that bike?

scotabroad

stew…………what’s that bike?

Tony it’s a Genesis Core 50, great bike esp on the likes of KT, I would highly recommend it!

white101

just had a look on the beeb website, they have a sat image of the snow across UK and Ktree looks like the place to ride

ton

looks good mate.

gonna get up to ride with you when i get the health sorted……it has been a while.

you keeping well?

scotabroad

you keeping well?

Physically tip top due to enforced unemployment 😐 But as you can see from the picture above that has it upsides 🙂

Get yersel up here Tony we can go for some gentle rides if you are not feeling to chipper mate.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Nice pictures Stew,Kiroughtree’s my favourite stane,unfortunatley for me it’s a 4-500 mile round trip..

ton

mate, i will be up in the early new year i hope mate.

scotabroad

Bring a bottle mate 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Glorious day at Kirroughtree today.’ is closed to new replies.