Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Global warming my @ss!!
  • totalshell

its only rained once this summer in Rochdale.. non stop

aracer
    Free Member

I’m always bemused by those who think cold/wet August = cold/wet summer. Had plenty enough good summer not to worry about what August throws at us.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Some bloke in a pub told me that the last decade has been fairly flat as far as temperature change is concerned. Lots of peaks and troughs but averaging out to no change.

If the next decade shows the same unchanging temperature do we start to question the collected data and predictions or wait longer?

And by the way, if a mate of mine says this down the pub, it’s good enough for me and everyone else, so don’t ask me for any actual evidence. Ok?

molgrips
    Free Member

Global warming = weird weather locally.

*looks out of window*

Cold crappy July and August year on year, seems weird enough to me.

Btw did you know that in the US they’ve smashed long term heatwave records this year? And they had Tornadoes in Wisconsin in April?

Or is the OP being deliberately thick?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Btw did you know that in the US they’ve smashed long term heatwave records this year? And they had Tornadoes in Wisconsin in April?

Or is the OP being deliberately thick?

I already mentioned that i heard about the heatwaves in the US 😛 .

Don’t think i’m the thicko so, clearly…

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t think i’m the thicko

Ah, the worst kind of thicko then!

anto164
    Free Member

I’m quite selfish about the weather atm.. Therefore i’m extatic that the weather hasn’t been brilliant.

Injured on the first weekend of July, not able to ride until september. The more it rains, the more i’m happy as it means i’m missing less and less riding time.

Klunk
    Free Member

think the weather here has been perfect all year, dry for the most part with just enough rain to stop the trails getting dusty and not too hot for riding and virtually no undergrowth on the trails due to the very dry spring.

willard

just got back from the western lakes and I can report that, with the exception of one day of sunshine, it has pissed it down all last week. And blown a gale. Mind you, I was 1000 feet up a fell within sight (Pah! When the clouds cleared!) of Scafell Pike, so it might be expected.

Apparently it’s been nice everywhere else.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Global warming my @ss!!’ is closed to new replies.