Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Global Fat Bike Day – Easter Ross
  • epicyclo

Rather than have a designated meet up and ride time, we’re doing a lazy man’s drum-up.

Garve Burger Van at 12:15.

That means you can ride from anywhere to get there and leave when you like and ride at your own pace.

Depending on one rider’s arrival time from Thurso, I’ll be leaving from Strathpeffer or Contin if anyone wants to join us from that direction.

scotroutes

I’ll be doing the Cairngorms one this year Brian (there’s now a Fatbikes – Highlands group on Facebook). Heading off from Bothy Bikes.

epicyclo

scotroutes – Member
    I’ll be doing the Cairngorms one this year Brian (there’s now a Fatbikes – Highlands group on Facebook). Heading off from Bothy Bikes.

That’s good. I’ll have a look at FB.

Don’t usually venture that far south though – scared I’ll get speared by the natives. 🙂

epicyclo

Really icy here. Had a really hard fall today and felt very sorry for myself until I realised nothing broken, so MTFU time.

So anyone coming take warm clothes and if you have studded tyres or boots, take them.

epicyclo

Looks like 12:30 at Garve Burger van now.

epicyclo

GFBD Lesson 1: When you can’t see the bottom, it’s probably deeper and faster than you think, and wetness may occur…

GFBD Lesson 2: When it’s even deeper and faster on your return, discretion is the better part of valour…

gwurk
    Free Member

Global Fatbike day is one bloke riding through a river in winter then clambering back???

epicyclo

gwurk – Member
    Global Fatbike day is one bloke riding through a river in winter then clambering back???

That’s our local GFBD ride, small place, so just 2 riders. Just one of hundreds of rides taking place today around the world to celebrate fatbikes.

The other bloke (me) waded across carrying a bike. If one of us fell in, there’s a wee waterfall just to the edge of the crossing, and very poor prospects when the water is flowing that fast and deep.

There’s quite a few miles and vertical feet between those photos BTW. About 40 miles all up.

You’re welcome to come on one of our rides to see for yourself, but bring a singlespeed.

Woody
    Free Member

That looks bloody cold. I’ve just moved up to 3 miles north of Garve on Ullapool road (nice country Inn, there’s only one open at the moment 😉 ) so if you’re about the area pop in for a ‘winter warmer’ as I’m unlikely to have the time to get out on the bike.

Should be well placed for Strathpeffer 24.

Mods – I’ll be having a word tomorrow re proper ad

scotroutes

Inchbae? Good to see it in new hands.

Handily placed for the HTR550.

Woody
    Free Member

Yup. Got a few bits and pieces to tweak but all up and running. Log burner blazing in the corner with a foot of snow outside.

scotroutes

Sounds great. I stayed there some 30 years ago on a driving tour. It’s a shame it went so downhill.

felltop

Usually stop at the Inchbae on my local road bike circuit, about 45 miles in, with 70 to go. Shortest circular route from home! Drove past this afternoon, the road was ‘interesting’!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Global Fat Bike Day – Easter Ross’ is closed to new replies.