Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Glentress Trailfairy Trails
  • mc
    Free Member

As part of the IMBA UK conference at Cardrona tomorrow, I've been tasked with putting together a short vid on the trails that the Glentress Trailfairies have helped build over the past 9 years.

As part of the vid, I'm looking to include comments from riders about the trails we've built, and have included a list of trails below, which I would be grateful for any comments on. Whether you want to comment on all them, just one or two, or none, is entirely upto you.

The trail list, in order of construction –
    Wormhole
    Ewok Village
    Double X timber features
    BT
    S'n'L
    The Pie Run
    Essentials Freeride timber features
    Shallow Grave
    Pie Run exit re-route
    Mushroom Pie
    Zoom or Bust

Also, if anybody has any pictures of any of the trails in the top half of that list, then I'd be very grateful for them, as the current trailfairy archive doesn't contain many (most likely due to the lack of light in those sections for taking photos!)

Thanks
    Moray

PS Anybody wishing to comment, but not wanting them to be seen on here, can send me an email at moray<dot>cuthill<at>googlemail<dot>com

mrplow
    Free Member

Is the "race link" a built trail or does it have a different name in that list? Also Ho Chi Minh or is that just a walker path?

mc
    Free Member

What race link?

Zoom or Bust (exits at the green) and Shallow Grave (exits onto spooky wood), are the only ones on that list that were originally built as race links. The other racelinks weren't trailfairy projects AFAIK.

Ho Chi Min has always been a walkers path.

Stu

There are 2 race links I know of – a short one that cuts you onto the first red descent from the end of the blue just before the fireroad prior to blue velvet. Think this is an old walkers path.

The other is taking a right at the first left hand hairpin on the same red descent. This ends in a steep chute and takes you onto the fireroad the blue runs on from the Buzzards nest car park.

You have also forgotten about Andy's Flume, the steep rooty chute that takes you off the fireroad prior to the spooky climb, onto the blue below.

marty
    Free Member

In terms of timeline, SnL followed directly on from Double XX timber stuff.

I have a few photos from the early years – will pop them up on Flickr later.

jedi

bt is my fave 🙂

GW
    Free Member

rode it a couple of times on Sunday, it was riding well fast 😀

as is the nature of taping an interesting race course, there are loads of race links, not all are rideable when not taped out as (for example) some will spit you out into oncoming traffic on marked trails.

mc
    Free Member

Stu, who's forgotten what?

DickBarton

There used to be a load of pics in the Hub – think Pete Laing got them sorted and pinned to the wall – last time I was down they weren't there (which was probably a good thing as I'm a right ugly fecker!)…

marty
    Free Member

Dug 'em out, but it was dark in them thar woods – combined with a crappy camera mean that they're not the best of shots…

DSCF0001

Think I have the original sketch of The Xylophone somewhere. Will have a dig though the vaults.

marty
    Free Member

Think I have the original sketch of The Xylophone somewhere. Will have a dig though the vaults.
    sadly, it appears to have gone to the trailbuilders sketchbook in the sky. i've sacked my archivist.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Mushroom Pie is such a sweet flowing section built from basically nothing. I love it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We also rerouted that little bit of Falla Brae after the climb, but don't suppose it has a name. I'll have a look and see what pics I have.

stuartm555
    Free Member

BT for me – one of my favourite trails i've ever ridden 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Don't know shallow grave? Mushroom pie is such fun – pumping the whole way you just get so much speed 😆

Northwind

stevenmenmuir – Member

"We also rerouted that little bit of Falla Brae after the climb, but don't suppose it has a name."

Chris or Dave will have given it a name :mrgreen:

mc
    Free Member

That bit on Falla Brae would be Cliff Richard (something about being pretty dull and slightly bent from what I remember…I thankfully missed that naming session!)

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Was up there last weekend and Spooky Wood is in need of some attention compared to last year. It just didn't flow as well and the jumps have lost their boost off the lip.
    Ewok Village is just so much fun though, it more than made up for it.
    Super G was awesome too.

Diane
    Free Member

Has Ewok been rebuilt then?

MarkN
    Free Member

Not as far as I know, It will be redone but I guess it is time and funds that will be the deciding factor.

ianpv
    Free Member

Those pics are a blast from the past Marty. 2002 must have been a very dark year.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Trailfairy Trails’ is closed to new replies.