Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Glentress today. Guy that had the spill at the top of Falla Brae
  • Xan
    Free Member

To Andy (think that was your) name that fell and hit his head and was a little "confused" hope you OK mate. If you are on here give me a shout and let me know your OK. I has one of the guys that stopped for you and went down to meet the Ambulance and tell him where to go.

Nagasaki
    Free Member

Ooyah, not so good. Was it icy? Heading there tomorrow.

Xan
    Free Member

Nah wasn't that icy at all today. He didn't know what happened while we was there although we suspect he hit a mound on the left of the trail and threw him over the bars.

Northwind

Xan "went down to meet the Ambulance and tell him where to go"

"You think you're all that, with your flashing lights and your defibrilators, well you can **** off"

No? Ah well.

Top marks for helping out! Not everyone does. But I hope you told the guy that glentress is all very easy and nothing but a smooth gravel path and that he should have been on a road bike.

Xan
    Free Member

Xan "went down to meet the Ambulance and tell him where to go"

"You think you're all that, with your flashing lights and your defibrilators, well you can **** off"

No? Ah well.

Lol, OK you got me haha. It's a bad day when you can't stop to help out. And before anyone jumps in to give me abuse, my other 2 mates as well as afew other waited with him to make sure all was OK.

jedi

pmsl@northwind

BoardinBob

Was it icy? Heading there tomorrow.

Pretty icy up at Carron Valley yesterday. With the cold weather over the last couple of days I imagine GT may be getting that way tomorrow.

Smee
    Free Member

Andy is a cock end dont worry about him.

He is ok btw.

He is also a local and pretty damn handy on a bike.

whyter

Aye, nice Chromag he was riding. First ride on it apparently.

Can only assume he was trying to jump the muddy pile on the LHS of the trail after the new sanitised top section.

Smee
    Free Member

Knowing him quite well I wouldn't assume anything. It's not the first time he's broke himself at GT. 😉

Maybe it's karma, for he likes closing trails and wrecking others……

stillfallingoff
    Free Member

sorry for slight hijack, but was CV fully open BoardinBob, & what other horrors have they inflicted on it (saw the thread about Kelpies staircase)?

BoardinBob

Yes, fully open now. Last section is fun!

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Xan.

Thanks for the help mate needless to say it is all a bit blurry. I still cant figure out what happened, except that I went over the bars at high speed and yes I did hit the little ramp to the left but it certainly was not intentional. I an only presume I took my eye off the trail for a split second 🙁

Thanks to Fiona and her mother as well who were walking near the trail and heard the groans of a lone biker and came to help.

Ended up at the local hospital had a MRI scan on the head and a chest xray . I had quite bad concussion but was discharged that night. Now my time consists of sucking paracetomal and ibuprofen.

Collected the bike yesterday and it is fine……..Phew!!

But yeah first ride on the Chromag and damn nice it was too except towards the end ;). Just need to shorten the stem and get the Azonic handlebars (didn't gel with Chromag bars).

Thanks again to all who stopped and helped.

🙂

Xan
    Free Member

No problem at all. Not that we had to do a huge amount Fiona and her mum had done all the work before we got there was just a case of pointing the Ambulance in the right direction.

If you were anything like me when I last had concussion (yes there has been more than one occasion) things slowly start to come back and all I could do was laugh at some of the things I was saying and doing. But you realise as well just damn lucky you were. Makes you glad you wear a lid, and looking back at what yours looked like things could have been worse (pulls up a chair, sit's back and waits for comments from the non-believers)

Hope to see you out on the trails soon and enjoy the new bike.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Anyone seen TJ?

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Yep.

New helmet for me by the looks of it. Slight crack on the front left hand side.

Surprisingly the only thing wrong with the bike (except rider) was a slightly lose seat bolt 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

gravitysucks – Member

Anyone seen TJ?

Hello?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Glentress today. Guy that had the spill at the top of Falla Brae’ is closed to new replies.