• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 7hz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Glentress this Saturday
  • somouk
    Free Member

How busy will GT be this Saturday. Stopping up there with work and considering riding it early on before heading home.

Any advice appreciated!

Mart

Diane
    Free Member

You will be fine if you go early – often the best weather wise too 🙂
    Never really gets overly crowded. If you do the black you are most likely to be on your own

Northwind

Probably pretty busy, forecast is good. But I’ve never ridden there and felt it was too busy, parking can be tricky but as long as you’ve got half a brain and don’t follow slow riders straight into a trail, it’s fine. If in doubt, do the black.

stanfree
    Free Member

Well myself ,yodagoat and coastkid will be there . So thats 3 more than usual.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Probably quite busy but I’ve never found that the trails get clogged up even though the carparks are full.

Northwind YHM re spring.

Neil-F
    Free Member

If your going pre-10am it’ll be fine. After that it starts getting busy, but the trails never seem to be too congested. If its too busy, head down to Inners for a hard slog climb and a fabulously gnarly red trail. I was there on Saturday and it was great. 😀

ChrisL

My experiences are similar to those above. While the car parks can be busy at Glentress, it doesn’t feel too busy on the trails. If you want to be certain about parking close to the Hub get there before 10:30 or so.

nick1962
    Free Member

I echo most of the above comments as GT rarely feels crowded despite how full the car parks look.However,I have started arriving early or mid afternoon recently and found the black and most parts of the red trails practically deserted as clearly everyone else had got there for 10am! I went to the Hub afterwards, was first in the queue and could have almost any seat I wanted inside or out.I remarked how quiet it was and the guy serving said “It’s always like this at this time” which was just after 4:30pm.

somouk
    Free Member

If I’m doing it then I’ll be there about 8ish I think so should be fine.

Thanks again for the advice.

BoardinBob

Saturdays are usually surprisingly quiet compared to Sundays. Despite that the trails are usually quiet. The only place you’ll generally encounter crowds is at the top of Spooky Wood

James_Gillies
    Free Member

I will be in glentress in a couple of weekends, what are the trails like at the moment, any thoughts on tires?

BoardinBob

Bone dry

James_Gillies
    Free Member

And it looks set to stay that way, cheers

stanfree
    Free Member

I think today Is the busiest Ive ever seen Glentre
    ss , bone dry dusty trails. The new ‘Berm baby Berm’ section Is really good .

7hz
    Free Member

* Standard times people do seems to be get there at 10 or 11am, then ride for about 3 hours, then go eat lots of cake, then leave by about 4pm.

* Trails don’t really ever feel crowded even at peek times, there is a lot of trails to soak up us punters.

* A section is rarely spoilt by other riders getting in your way. If you are hanging out at the top of, say, Spooky Wood, just give people a few minutes start if you think they will be slower than you. Personally, I’ll pull over and let faster riders through if I hear them catching me up on a section.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Glentress this Saturday’ is closed to new replies.