Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Glentress Secret Trail
  • Liftman

The key to keeping a secret trail secret is not to put a sign at the start of the secret trail saying the secret trail is closed due to logging works especially when every person doing spooky cycle past it 😯

oldnpastit

There’s a secret trail?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I cant work out if he is being serious in what he is saying tbh

skywalker
    Free Member

Secret or not, if someone breaks their neck because they didn’t warn people they are in a lot of shit.

ac505
    Free Member

So is that bit of secret trail worth riding. I always mean to give it a shot but never do.

iain1775
    Free Member

To be fair it’s the worst kept secret
    Have to be mad to ride it this time of year though, or have a thing for mud

Northwind

So where’s the sign then, at the corner by the wall? Very silly if they’ve put it there..

Liftman

Yup, at the corner by the wall.

iain1775
    Free Member

Might have been better further along maybe, before the trail starts proper but out of the way of the spooky traffic
    Hope it survives the forestry work and doesn’t loose any character I’m looking forward to riding it again but when it’s a bit drier

Neil-F
    Free Member

Nice one!
    I didn’t know it was at the wall, I didn’t think they’d put a sign there, I mean that would be really stoopid eh, but you’ve just confirmed thats where it starts. 😀

Yes, I saw the sign today, I did laugh……

Northwind

To be fair the trail doesn’t actually start there… But it’s not that hard to find from there. Sign ought to be at the entrance to the trail, really (that’s what they did when the troot got the end cut off by the new road)

Liftman

It’s shut until June by the way.

coogan
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to riding it again but when it’s a bit drier

Lucky you. Everytime I’ve ridden it it’s been muddy!

Diane
    Free Member

Ooooo I do hope they clear the other secret trail nearby 😀 (Couldn’t ride it for all the fallen trees last time i tried).

doubledunter
    Free Member

secret by Doubledunter, on Flickr

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s always muddy in there. Even in the middle of a dry summer.

iain1775
    Free Member

I did say a bit drier not completely dry

Prophet2
    Free Member

The diversion on Deliverance due to logging is actually just as good as Deliverance itself. Much swoopy natural goodness to be had 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Where’s that diversion take you? I know of a couple, just interested to know which one they’re using.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I rode it in the dry once, years ago, the Monday after a Selkirk Merida.

Prophet2
    Free Member

SzB the diversion takes you down some steepish singletrack and then finishes at an old Roman fort (I think). Then you hop across a wee stream and then you are at the start of Redemption.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Secret Trail’ is closed to new replies.