Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Glentress Routes, Red Versus Black
  • andylux
    Free Member

Dear All, Going to Glentress & Inners in May for my first trip to the stanes. I have ridden the welsh centres alot in the past and just wondered how the black compared to the red route at glentress. obviously the black is a longer route, but is the red just worth doing twice instead of the black?

Is the Black more technical in places or is it just the increased climbing and distance involved?

I want to ride both, I’m just interested in peoples views please?

Smee
    Free Member

Black has a rougher surface and is more technical than the red with longer climbs etc. Instead of doing the red twice you could maybe climb up the red to the mast and come down the black or vice versa.

AB
    Free Member

The Black is a good bit longer, with a bit more climbing, but the Red is a long climb from the Hub carpark to the top of Spooky Wood anyway.

The Black is a bit more technical, but not overly so. Both are great routes.

There is nothing on the Black that you can’t miss out if you want.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m definitely a Red skills rider anc I reckon the GT Black is well worth it. Deliverance on it’s own is worth it. There’s a couple of bits you’ll want to be cautious on and you can avoid the wormhole section by diverting onto Lombard Street.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Routes, Red Versus Black’ is closed to new replies.