Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Glentress Info
  • edinburghbiker
    Free Member

Hi all, i was hoping someone who rides GLentress regularly can help me out with some queries i had. First of all is i heard there was a glentress to peebles hydro stage in last year’s poc king of the hill enduro via janets brae and i was wondering if anyone could give me anymore specific details on start/finish points for the trail. Secondly, Can anyone suggest any fun routes that start and finish at the buzzards nest ar park. I usually ride the fireroad and single track climb to spooky woods, then super g, hit squad hill then up to the matrix and lombard street, then along to magic mushroom and back up to buzzards. I enjoy this route but i was wondering if there were any other routes that get most of the climbing done in one go as such? Any help is much apprecieated.

Northwind

You can go straight up Anderson Road- the fireroad that leads up from behind the Essentials freeride area past the quarry- and that gets yo up to spooky fast… But it’s horrible tbh! Do Pennel’s and the singletrack climb, much nicer. Your route is pretty efficient really.

I think you should be able to view this…
    http://app.strava.com/segments/2647008
    That’s the Fort descent, from the back of the green route down to Janet’s Brae (there’s a bit cut off at the end but it’s easy to spot from the Brae). It all gets a little bit vague after a minute or so, there’s a couple of likely looking options but as far as I remember you just have to keep left.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Info’ is closed to new replies.