Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Glentress Forest Camping pods with kids
  • mikeys

Has anyone stayed in the Gelentress Forest camping pods with their family and would you recommend it?

We’re planning a family trip to Scotland and looking for a couple of nights relatively cheap accommodation between staying with friends. I spotted the pods and thought it would be great for a bit of biking for me! The kids would be able to get out on the easy trails for a bit too. But after they’ve done that is there much else for families that they could do with their mum while I’m on the trails? Also are there many wet weather family options around? I’m a bit worried I’ll book it up and then get blamed for a bad time just because I wanted to go biking!

legend
    Free Member

How old are the kids? Go Ape will happily empty your wallet, and there are some Osprey related activities (don’t really know what though, only been riding there for 15 years), after that I can’t think of anything. Your doubts are probably correct though, they’ll be pretty far away from Peebles unless they’d be driving in.

From your point of view, the trails (not the kids ones) are easily accessed from Peebles by going up Janet’s Brae instead of the main climb. So staying in Peebles wouldn’t really affect your riding

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

There is an indoor swimming pool at Peebles that my wee nephew liked. Could be good if it’s a rainy day.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d stay at the pods.

Go ape and general dicking about in forests is surely the kids dream!

You’re close by the river and the cycle path will take you to inners (no 1 cafe) cardrona (nashys in the old railway station and a kiddies pump track) or peebles (good luck finding decent coffee) along a lovely old railway line which is totally kids cycling friendly.

Swimming pool as mentioned some big houses etc for something a bit wet weather.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Forest Camping pods with kids’ is closed to new replies.