Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Glentress conditions……….
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evening all,

Glentress bound in the am – just wondered if all the snow has melted & should we expect ice?

Many thanks in advance.

Have a nice weekend 🙂

Alan.

br
    Free Member

I’m 15 miles away, and its just rained.

But we had sleet/hail this afternoon.

Although now 6c, so you should be fine.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Bumpty bump.

mangatank
    Free Member

I’d expect some very bad snow conditions. Looks like its heading straight for us. I’m planning a ride in the hills behind GT tomorrow AM. If the snow holds off, it’ll be ‘okay’.

athgray
    Free Member

Was up last night. Did not go to the top. Slushy snow was covering most of the trails from the motorway to berm baby berm. Milder day today so most should be gone. Even if its not it is still fine.

rickon
    Free Member

Lots of snow forecast now

Diane
    Free Member

Slushy snow falling onto wet ground at low level now

Krooges
    Free Member

Any updates after the snow today?

Northwind

I decided not to go riding today, and instead fell on my arse on the slush in my back garden :mrgreen: Ice spikers ahoy!

mangatank
    Free Member

Just back from a ride a couple of miles away from GT. Wet snow and sleet. Massively rewarding ride but very treacherous under wheel.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Rode there this morning, conditions were pish but then again we have been spoiled with several weeks of dry and hard trails.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Heavy snow & 4+ inches lying at Spooky.

Snow was fresh and still plenty of grip.

Still had a good day 🙂

Gnnr

bump for the morning crowd…

any updates today, deciding what to do this morning, GT or local cross loop.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Anyone…?

bigjim

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/scotland/Tweed/Traquair

Going by this, clear low down and snowy at the top, so probably horrible wet snow. Bike fettling day instead for me methinks!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Anyone there today?

Got a day off booked tomorrow and not sure whether to reschedule for slightly better weather!

Northwind

I think they’ve turned up the under-trail heating! Had a spin round the red today, spooky pretty much covered and quite unpredictable, mix of cut up and compressed. From there down it quickly gets clear, wee bit at the top of Super G then none at all really.

Felt a bit silly on my ice spikers :mrgreen: TAKTAKTAKTAKTAK

stevemtb
    Free Member

Cheers Andy. Think I’ll give it a try then as long as there’s not more tonight (forecast doesn’t look promising).

stevemtb
    Free Member

Went for it today, very little snow until the top fire road. Was a few bits that were tough and saw us pushing on the way to spookies but the snow was generally grippy.

The way down was proper fun snow. Loads of grip until there wasn’t! Plenty of drifting 😀

Once below Spookies normal service resumed. Great decision to take today off, don’t think we saw another rider on the trail!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Glentress conditions……….’ is closed to new replies.