Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Glentress conditions…
  • bigjim

Anyone been in the last couple of days? Just wondering what it might be like tonight, snowy, or icy.

BoardinBob

We were there on Sunday. Light snow and the climb up to the picnic bench before the spooky wood climb was ok. The actual spooky wood climb was unrideable and spooky wood itself was lethal. A thin layer of packed snow that was more like ice. We hopped onto the blue after that and it was completely ok. I imagine they’ve had more snow plus consistent sub zero temps since then so it should be…challenging.

br
    Free Member

We were on the Minch Moor ridge yesterday and it was crisp and very rideable. Can’t imagine GT is any different.

Northwind

Was absolutely perfect on monday. Suspect there’ll be a bit more ice now but it hadn’t gone the usual way of snow at glentress (ie get ridden on a lot and turn into a glacier)

bigjim

cheers dudes, think it is off the cards anyway. roll on the snow on the weekend

DaddyFool
    Free Member

I’m heading to GT tomorrow night so if anyone has squeezed in a loop of red or black before then, post up the trail conditions if you can.

Cheers

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Was planning on heading down Saturday or Sunday, BBC are forecasting snow. Still worth a trip? Any updates welcome 🙂

DaddyFool
    Free Member

What a great night…..trails were dry, rock hard and fast all the way to Spooky climb when the snow covering got a bit more consistent.

Sheet ice in Pennels though. Other than that, perfect.

br
    Free Member

Or to quote a (last) night riding Buddy:

ok in most places just covered in snow but a nightmare in open areas with frozen ice puddles that were leathal,

and

all the stuff below buzzards wasnt bad,electric blue had a few icey patches before the rollers

They usually go a bit more off-piste though, so that may be the difference.

bigjim

Anyone been down today? Wondering if it is worth heading down tomorrow or if it will be really icy.

Liftman

Would be interested to know current conditions aswell.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I’ve just posted up asking the same! 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Coupla comments and pics on FAcebook saying good things and doesn’t look like there was too much snow.

iainc

Central Scotland riders – Get yersels up to Cathkin and help establish the trails – a few of us riding at 9 in the morn. So far its cold and crisp and snow free.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Was at GT today. Fantastic snowy conditions, the trails have been ridden lots so the snow is compact and easy to ride over. Few slippy patches on the descents but all adds to the fun.

Probably the best snow riding trails I been on yet. And that human shape on the snow just after the entrance to SuperG, that’ll be me hitting the entrance too hard and WIPE OUT……. 😀

Get yourself down before the ice sets in.

bigjim

Has anyone been up since the last dump of snow earlier this week? I heard Inners was hub deep down at the golf course and drifting higher up, but wonder if it isn’t as bad at GT.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Glentress conditions…’ is closed to new replies.