Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glentress camping pods
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi all booked a pod this weekend what should I expect? Is there any mattress at all or just a wooden shelf thingy? Dont mind either way cant really see in the photos and not sure if I need my thermorest, going to warmer than my camping trip 2 weeks ago 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You won’t need your thermarest, just a sleeping bag.

fasthaggis

mattress ,fridge kettle..

Posh camping 🙂

fasthaggis

Got two booked for GT7 ,they were right beside the course last year,most excellent 😉

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Great the Mrs will be happy 😀

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

I took sleeping bag and pillow. Also took a portable heater and got snowed in….disaster. You wont need a heater as the snow is away 🙂

fasthaggis

Oh,and there is a brasier that you can use for fires,you could take some wood (that’s what we are doing)as the stuff they sell on site is a bit pricey. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Posh camping

Glamping its called apparently.

Mugboo

Watching with interest. Heading up there in July. Any other tips for good/cheap places to stay?

fasthaggis

I liked the Kailzie bunkhouse ,the last time we stayed there it had a great setup and is well placed between GT and Inners.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

We stayed at the BikeHouse in Inners, (as well as the Wigwams) a couple of weeks ago. The Bikehouse is right on the high street in Innerleithen and is set up for MTB’s. Has a specific bike room, with bike hangers, maps, bike stand and even some odd tools. 3 bedrooms although two are joined. Think its run by the guys from Dirt School. Great place we’ll defo be going back! £100 per night for 6?

antares
    Free Member

Stayed here last weekend, excellent digs.
    http://www.thestanes.co.uk/

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi all, thanks to those who posted with info on the pods. Just got back after a great weekend with Mrs NCB and our boy whos 8. Pods were warm and well kitted with power fridge and heater. Mattresses provided were fine under a sleeping bag, good kitchen facilities and hot showers in main block.
    Fires allowed in the places provided so a bit of a blaze and few toasted marshmallows at night.
    The weather stayed dry and the trails seemed great even after the melting snow.

Cheers 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glentress camping pods’ is closed to new replies.