Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glentress Blue with baby seats?
  • mrplow
    Free Member

Organising a work day out and wondered what I should advise regarding this. A workmate has suggested going with their partner and kids on baby seats. They don’t usually ride this sort of stuff and I think it may be a step too far? I don’t know what type of bikes etc they have but I know that I am more than capable of falling off the blue even without a kicking and screaming kid attached to the back.

I said the green would be pretty appropriate but they looked it up and are not too impressed with a big journey for only 20mins of riding.

I know there are some diehards that would say “my kid loves being rattled down the black doing whips etc” but keep it sensible please.

Thank you for any ideas on this. 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

How about do the green and some of the easier bits of the blue, some of the walkers paths and explore some of the fireroads throughout the rest of the forest? The trail centre only covers around 1/4-1/3 of the forest.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

blue velvet would be fine for sure – no gradient and no jumps or rocks

kevj
    Free Member

There is no-way I would put my child on the back of my bike on the blue route.
    Even If I was to ride slowly for the sake of their safety, you are at risk of other riders who are within their right to be flying down the trail and rear-end them.

mrplow
    Free Member

Yeah I could probably make a route up like that for them. We can split into different groups. Make the route so it collides with ours hopefully as the other group will probably do a mix of red and blue.

So start by sending them down zoom or bust to get to the green…oh wait that won’t work 😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You could send them down through the old skills loop.

mrplow
    Free Member

Yup, down to the green that way and back up the road then off on some fire roads. Maybe up past the freeride and out that way and back by a lower road or the blue.

aldomac
    Free Member

other riders who are within their right to be flying down the trail and rear-end them

Lol – that reads like they are allowed to rear end slower riders.

Garry_Lager

The child seat I have is a rattly ride over the bumps – would only consider it on the very smoothest sections of GT blue otherwise our kid wouldn’t enjoy it. Maybe some other seats are more absorbent of the bumps though.

People do steam down the blue return, for sure, as well as stand around like Teds in the middle of the trail. Bimbling down with the bairn doesn’t seem like a great idea to me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Blue with baby seats?’ is closed to new replies.