Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gleniffer Braes Country Park – Paisley
  • 2tyred2care
    Free Member

Hi, Has anyone ridden here and is it worth it? If so where would the best starting point be?

GW
    Free Member

SCU used to run an XC race there, a reasonably fun loop (basically a clockwise loop of about 5miles starting from the main entracnce). you can also ride along the braes in the direction of Johnston and get on the cycle path to Lochwinnoch, some decent riding around Lochwinnoch/muirsheil and Howwood (easy to get a train back to Paisley if you wanted to ride a one way route too).

Albanach
    Free Member

GMBC sometimes do a run there on a Wednesday or Sunday. You can get a copy of the calendar from the Glasgow Mountain Bike Club website. If I’m right iainc/pistolapete/sanny from the forum might know more and they might post on here. I did a ride or two there and there I’d a good bit of tiding to be had.

moonsaballoon

Best place to start is brownside farm carpark . From there you can choose from a couple of routes (there is a map of sorts just up the path from the farm ) up to the car park in the sky , then head over the road where there is loads of singletrack to be found before heading down brandy burn into Elderslie . Then i normally head up the windy hill road climb to head back to the carpark in the sky before heading down through gleniffer and cutting back to brownside .
    Its great for a 2/3 hour blast and once you get 2 mins away from the carparks its normally pretty quiet . Plus from the top you can see all across Glasgow and the other way over to Ben Lomand .
    Bloody wet up there at the moment though !

nick1962
    Free Member

Been a couple of times and I would definitely advise getting a “knowledgable local” to show you round.

falkirk-mark

That’s where I started mountain biking 20 years ago. if things have not changed we started at the car park in the sky and went to gleniffer braes country park to the Glen park then up the hill and round the dam/pond,As said that was 20 years ago with the Rockhard MTB club (are they still on the go?)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

2tyred – keep an eye out on here –

Walkers cycling club

We’re bound to be having a nightride there at some point soon, you’ll be made welcome.

iainc

If I’m right iainc/pistolapete/sanny from the forum might know more and they might post on here.

indeed 😀

we do a few club rides there every year and there is some cracking stuff. There are a few guys in the club who live over that way and do some trailbuilding too. Have a look on our website as albanach suggests or drop a mail to the club addy.

cheers

2tyred2care
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, i’ve had a bit of a walk around the waterfall area and seems like it might be a nice challenge 🙂

And i agree, it’s very very wet around there at the moment, mind so’s all my usual haunts – mud, just adds to the fun!

Cheers folks!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Has anyone heard anything more on the mtb trails consultation for there that was ongoing a few months ago?

moonsaballoon

I had heard that the guy at the council pushing for it had died and the plans had died with him . No idea if thats true or not . I think Rik from drumlanrig had put in a tender but i dont know what came of it

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Thats a shame, would have been a great location considering how close it is to Paisley and Glasgow.

daffy0208
    Free Member

Hi All,

Rik was involved in the feasibility study, however that is as far as it has gone for now. Financial burdens etc, however it has NOT been shelved contrary some suggestions.

On the subject of trails on Gleniffer Braes, we (Renfrewshire Mountain Bike Club) go out on club nights every Tuesday 7pm (ish . . . . rarely earlier). If not off elsewhere then Sunday outings on Gleniffer are not uncommon. Have a look on the FaceBook page.

Cheers,

David

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gleniffer Braes Country Park – Paisley’ is closed to new replies.