Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glenbranter, Argyll
  • Dyffers
    Free Member

I’m working up in Argyll for the next couple of weeks, staying in Strachur next to Glenbranter forest.

I’m after some local tips / knowledge I guess. Is Glenbranter or anything nearby worth riding? Anything interesting I can do in a 2-3 hour lunch break? I’ve done a bit around Lochgoilhead and Arrochar before, but not much (usually a bit time limited as always working 6-7 days a week when I’m up there).

Not sure I can get my bike up there with me yet. If I can’t, any suggestions on places to hire a decent bike from for a day or two?

gt900uk
    Free Member

There is the twister in Glenbranter which is good fun. Also the fire trails in Lochgilphead. There is a cowal MTB club (find them on facebook) might be worth contatcing them

passtherizla
    Free Member

firetower trails at lochgilphead, better than doing nothing… Ben Lora just north of Oban has some very nice home made trails and is my venue of choice when I visit my folks…. also the FC have been working on some cycle routes but I doubt they’ve finished them. Barcaldine forest is also worth visit as is sutherlands grove for some easy riding.

hainman
    Free Member

ive seen the cowal mtb club talking about a few places in glenbranter and the outskirts of dunoon for mtb trails.if your on facebook it would be worth a shot at messaging them,think the do night rides plus saturday and sunday rides.been meaning to get up there myself for a skoot about.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Thanks so far chaps. Have logged into facebook for the first time in months (!) and left a message for the Cowal MTB club. Looks like Glenbranter is a regular for them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glenbranter, Argyll’ is closed to new replies.