Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glen Tilt route details
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

OK, so I’m going to get round at last to doing the Glen Tilt circuit.
    What is the route detail??

cheers
    Chris

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You got memory map? I could send you the route. I would need your e mail tho.

From Blair Athol take the dead end minor road heading north east towards monzie. continue straight on on that line on the estate road to the south of Carn Liath which becomes single track then returns to double track continue to Daldhu where you turn north on the double track. follow that to Fealar Lodge. At Fealar lodge take the single track heading west to Glen tilt ( rather vague on the ground from memory) Down to glen tilt and return to Blair Athol

chriswilk
    Free Member

TandemJerry,

I have memory map, email is ciwilkinson at yahoo dot co dotty uk
    Any other classic routes within a couple hours drive from Edinburgh??

The description is good anyway, this is what I thought the route was.

cheers
    Chris

trail_rat
    Free Member

the glen clova rides would be termed classic and a couple hours from edinburgh…. that is ministers path/kilbo path and the loch muick circuit.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The other one I really like is the Loch ordie loops just north of dunkeld

chriswilk
    Free Member

Trail rat – thanks – I know the Glen clova routes and yes I’d say they are classics.

allyharp

I took a printout of this with me and was very glad I did.

Followed Kenny Wilson’s directions otherwise which did little to warn how vague some of the paths were.

Kenny tells you to head down towards the farmhouse at Shinagag and turnoff just before it, but even though it’s marked on the map here I could see no evidence of a track at all. But if you look up on the hill there’s a gate visible, so I just hiked through the marsh to get to it.
    I’d say it’s worth trying to follow the path mentioned in that offroad adventures route instead.

Once you’re through the gate you’re following a path like this:

Not particularly obvious either but as long as you head straight for the far side of that hill in the centre of the photo (crossing a stream on the way) you’ll pick up some nice singletrack straight away.

From there it’s straightforward navigation to Fealar Lodge. You then have to follow another indistinct path but stay close to the fence, parallel to the small glen to your left, and you’ll soon pick up the fantastic singletrack down to Falls of Tarff. The highlight of the route!

Photos from the day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glen Tilt route details’ is closed to new replies.