Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Glen Clova Weekend, 2/3May – update!
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hi,

I have emailed the plans for this weekend to everyone who got in touch with me or had said on the previous thread that they had booked accommodation – if anyone has been missed out, let me know (either here or via email address in profile). Some people expressed an early interest but didn’t follow it through so this is just a final sweep. You can also use this thread to sort out transport.

Look forward to meeting y’all.

SC

trail_rat
    Free Member

got it …only one issue … i only have a 21lb race hardtail :s

Im sure it`ll be fine …plus as proven this weekend i can do a puncture repair in around a minute 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

i only have a 21lb race hardtail :s

😀

I’m pretty sure you’ll kick my arse anyway…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I’m going to bump this thread through the week just so everyone concerned gets a look.

Apologies in advance!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

One more thing before I head for ma kip, I’ve had an issue with some email addresses when sending from Pishcali webmail – let me know if you expect a message and it hasn’t arrived.

Buenos noches amigoes!

druidh
    Free Member

Looks like I’m out of this. Pity – I’ve been looking forward to doing some of this stuff again. In the meantime, should I post a link to a previous trip – or will that be spoiling the surprise setting high expectations?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Ah well, that’s a pity Druidh – another time.

Go on – you know you want to post the pics…

druidh
    Free Member

Ach – since you’ve twisted my arm….

Garry_Lager

Nice one Stuartie_c, details sound great. I’ll be travelling up from Edinburgh and can give anyone a lift if needed. Only thing is that I can only do the saturday ride (and saturday bevvying, obviously), so will be coming back down Sunday morning. Look forward to it.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

bump

househusband

I’m definite, unless something serious gets in the way – am booked in at the bunkhouse for Friday and Sat nights.

trail_rat
    Free Member

anyone else fancy bivying it ? or is there still space at bunk house ? i may be persuaded to woose out if there is still space 😉 cant get all my kit on my race bike satisfactorily 🙁 Dont want a mahoosive bag you see

househusband

Just wondering… I’ve just realised that I’ve got the Monday off – anyone staying the Sunday evening in the bunkhouse too?

bumbly1
    Free Member

Househusband has just sent me the stuff, hoping to be there, have own camper.

Tom

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Excellent Tom – see you there.

HH – I’m booked in for Sunday evening as well. Got the monday off skool so thought I’d make the most of it.

SC

househusband

HH – I’m booked in for Sunday evening as well. Got the monday off skool so thought I’d make the most of it.

It’s tempting to do likewise. Will see how fecked I am after Sunday’s ride before deciding, and seeing if the bunkhouse has space that night.

jimmy

Should be along for the Saturday ride & maybe (hopefully) evening bevvies, too.

What was the verdict on camping in the area? Yay or nay?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I think it’s a “nay” Jimmy.

That’s the official line from the hotel, but you might want to try your luck – low-impact bivvy/camp just up the hill a bit, in the spirit of our wonderful Access Code? Trail_Rat was thinking of the same, I think.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i should be good for monday , weather dependant ….im gonna bivvy anyway so if its pissing i might not hang around ! ….does any one mind if i leave the bulk of my bivvy kit in someones car while we ride ?

jimmy , if you wanna camp i know a few places that are sound . If its raining i`ll hope over to the bothy though.

jojoA1
    Free Member

HH, are the schools off the Monday? If so, we (Matt) might stay and play.

househusband

HH, are the schools off the Monday? If so, we (Matt) might stay and play.

Yup; May Day Holiday! I’m not sure whether I’d ride again on the Monday – was thinking more about being able to have a leisurely drive home in the morning. (And have an observed lesson to prepare for on the Tuesday morning…)

bumbly1
    Free Member

Looking less likely I’ll be able to make it, Saturday still a possibility but wont be staying around.

Tom

trail_rat
    Free Member

anyone riding SS ? dont want to hold anyone up but my SS is more “all day friendly” than my race bike …

duckman

JEEZ Trail-rat that is a wee bit hard core, do you not have a demo to borrow from a certain somewhere? I pity anybody who puts a decent bike in your size to get it repaired in the next couple of days, “yup, come and pick it up next Tuesday”

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive done tha bachnagairn , lightening strikes loop on SS , only bit i pushed was non ridable on any bike ….

Probably still take the race bike as its tubeless now and needs a testing ! but thinking about taking the SS to keep the racebike in good fettle !

I guess i could borrow the trance for the weekend donald but its medium and i would hate to break it !

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I think there are three of us coming up from Kirkcaldy on Friday night. Should be a few more coming up for the Sunday. I hope this weather holds out till the weekend.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I hope this weather holds out till the weekend.

Here’s the forecast.

😀

househusband

You do realise you’re going to get lynched if that’s not the case, Stu? 😆

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You do realise you’re going to get lynched if that’s not the case, Stu? [:lol:]

Err, yeah. What you can’t make out from that “forecast” is the 50mph winds.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ian (formerly fourthdeadmonk) and myself will be up for half 9 on the saturday, both booked in to the bunkhoose for the sat night. Doing the sunday ride too, but I’ll be heading home pretty much straight after, as the dreaded sunday nightshift looms!.

Lookin forward to a beer or two on sat night, as by then I will have abstained for three weeks.

stravaiger
    Free Member

I will be there for the Saturday ride travelling up Sat am. If anyone wants to share travel from Stirling let me know – sorry about late post but life got complicated the last couple of weeks.

We’ll be staying in the hotel overnight (birthday treat :-))and planning to walk rather than doing the Sunday ride.

Not sure if I’ve ridden with any of you guys but I’m sure I can latch onto someone (tho not someone with a 21lb race bike 😕 )if we are splitting into groups.

My wife will be coming up later in the day tho not to bike.(some story about “post school inspectors celebrations/commiserations” writing off an early Sat morning – I’m sure the teachers will know what it means) so if anyone has a non biking partner who may be interested in a walk* – either a short one with Alison on the Saturday or a Munro with us on the Sunday you can let me know.

* plans subject to weather

Steve

househusband

…I’m sure the teachers will know what it means…

Ask her if the inspectors had good cause to ‘disengage’ – ours did two-thirds of the way through the inspection!

stravaiger
    Free Member

Not sure if that sounds good or bad – apparently they are “still digging” – no doubt good or bad it will get drowned in a few beers over the next couple of nights.

Hopefully that is the only thing that gets drowned given the mixed weather over the last couple of days.

trail_rat
    Free Member

saw forecast…its pish so im in the bunkhouse now.

will stay in area on sunday night but probably going to stay in a bothy and go long ride on monday

13thfloormonk

The forecast I just saw looked pretty good!

Don’t think I’ll be leaving the waterproofs at home though…

duckman

Weather up here minging today!

trail_rat
    Free Member

pishing down in arbroath !

you coming along at weekend donald ?

did you get my message ian ? im in your room in bunk house 😉

duckman

It’s Stuart Donald and no, I was in Clova last weekend with my gold Dof E group, so trying to get a pass two weeks on the trot would be dumb. Did you get my post about teaching?

13thfloormonk

I did, just bunking off early now to see how much whisky and cake i can fit in the rucsac…

jojoA1
    Free Member

Think I’ll pack my semmit….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Glen Clova Weekend, 2/3May – update!’ is closed to new replies.