Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Glastonbury Area Riding
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Any feedback on Glastonbury area riding?

All seems very flat except for the tor which is unridable

PJay
    Free Member

You’re not far from the Mendips (easily accessed from Wells). If you’re happy to pootle about and look at the scenery, the levels are really nice and there are plenty of nature reserves you can cycle (sensibly) through.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Just looked at the Mendips, seems like some decent riding

Clink

Just next to me bonesetter! You on hols?
    Mendips or Quantocks. Some bits on hills above Street.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I was on holiday there over the BH

I would like to move there to dedicate my life to Zen thinking and mtb’ing 🙂

Clink

Ha! Happy to show you around some time 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

Cheers Matt

Likewise Clent/Kinver/Wyre

Edric64
    Free Member

Glastonbury is full of tie dyed hippies from the ark and shops selling incense,crystals and homeopathic crap and such shit .It has no banks and the high street is full of the great unwashed leaning on their dole poles and drinking special brew .

Clink

^ yep but it’s great for a coffee and a bit of people watching! 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

TRUE!!

woody74

The great thing about Glastonbury is it is exactly as you imagine it and as it should be. Choc fully of hypies. Not many places are exactly as you imagine it would be without the corporate take over.

Mendips for mountain biking and levels are great for road biking and gravel.

Clink

Glasto is like a different world. I live in Street – a mile down the road and it’s like entering Narnia!

PJay
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that Bike City in Wells do regular rides and there’s also a Ride The Mendips group.

I’m a bit more gravel orientated so just tend to pootle around but there is some nice riding to be had. Cheddar’s not far away either and worth a look.

oldfart

Edric as restrained as ever 🙂 ! Clink has it spot on for us Streetites ! 🙂
    Oh BTW Bonesetter in Street we have a fantastic heated outdoor swimming pool that’s the envy of a hell of a lot of places much bigger than us . Perfect for Summer cross training and at 60 odd quid for a season ticket is the biggest bargain since bargains were invented ! 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

^ the Pilton festival used to keep the hippy quotient high, but it’s a little less funky these days. Still manages all one’s crystal and tie-tied artefact requisites, though. Burns the Bread’s pasties are a good enough reason to stop on the way through.

Gilles

Well once you are there, ping me and I can take you to the Mendips! it’s a bit like Clent Hill on a slightly bigger scale but with the same red dust (when summer is dry).

faustus

Lots of options for veggie breakfast in Glasto, and as said, people watching is excellent. I remember sitting outside Heaphys Cafe and watching a young woman turn up at the backpacker’s cafe riding a horse bareback down the road. Quite like it really.

Not the greatest for mtbing straight from town though to be honest, but at least the mendips and quantocks are close by.

verses

Any feedback on Glastonbury area riding?

There was this one lass in a tent in ’97…

bonesetter
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s the kinda place for Edrik. I’ve been going there for over 30 years – all seems fine to me 🙂

One thing is slightly bothering though – the anti-social behaviour after mid-night

We had just left the Rifleman’s one night over this BH weekend and got got a bottle thrown at us. 4 lads mistaking us for drug dealers trying to sell on their patch

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury Area Riding’ is closed to new replies.