Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glasses….
  • ajantom

Do you when cycling?

I always do – whether sunnies or clear glasses in the rain or at night.
    On the few occasions I don’t, I always get something in my eye.

For example…..I was out on Sunday and riding along a piece of trail next to where some felling has been going on. Suddenly, a horizontal branch hit my glasses, pushed them out of the way, and hit my eye. The fact that it hit my glasses first gave me the chance to shut my eye and apparently look to the left, as I have a slice in the centre of my eyelid, and a lovely red round mark on the white of my eye. Without the glasses I shudder to think what my eye would look like now 😯

I’m always surprised by people who don’t and complain that they don’t like them for various reasons – i.e. sweatiness, comfort, etc. Personally I’ll put up with a bit of sweatiness in exchange for my eyesight!

Northwind

Yeah, I almost always wear them. I don’t understand the comfort argument either, comfort is not getting mud in your eye and riding into a tree at a million miles an hour because you can’t see.

molgrips
    Free Member

a horizontal branch hit my glasses

Lol.. those branches are fast aren’t they? 🙂

I want to wear them, and I do, but I always end up trying to look at the trails through smears of sweat. Even with hydrophobic lenses.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sometimes, I’ve had heaps of cheap ones and ended up taking them off more often than not. Won some addidas evil eyes and they are on most of the time except when it’s really wet/humid

TiRed

Always – they have a prescription insert which I don’t notice (apart from seeing things clearly, obviously)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glasses….’ is closed to new replies.