Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Glass dining table just exploded…………;o(
  • ton

about a hour ago, me and the mrs were sat watching a film and the dining table in the kitchen shattered.
    big 6 seated glass thing about 5 year sold.
    what a bloody scare…….. 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

If she’s told you once, she’s told you a thousand times, DONT SIT ON THE TABLE FATBOY!

boxelder

Had you made it cross? …….
    ..or was it just badly tempered

b’dum tish – IGMC

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thats what comes of using it as a workbench for the bike when the misses is out the house. Stress fracture in the glass caused by chainring contact.

ton

bastids…….. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds pretty tacky anyway. Better off rid of it.

Ambrose

No good without pics….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not very kind, are they Ton?  🙁

I am working on a new range of furniture stuffs Ton. Might have a dining table in there for you. What kind of styles do you like?

Stoner
    Free Member

What kind of styles do you like?

big 6 seated glass thing

Kitsch.

MrNutt
    Free Member

had a similar thing happen on delivery to a client, UV bonded toughened glass, the change in temp caused the lead crystals in the glass to fracture and as it was toughened it exploded, right in front of the client and their interior designer. Thankfully it was the interior designers stupid concept 😀

ton

next one is gonna be a stainless jobbie, with nice treadplate top. 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Concrete’s what you need, Ton.

Look, beautifuls:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ton’s next dining table 😉

ton

fred, i quite like that…………kinda looks like one of my bikes, but in table guise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

lets be hinets it has seen some use …did it crack where you sit as it could not bear the weight of desperate dan size pies?
    Lucky escape fella imagine if you were sitting there with the kids, grandchild eh?
    Glad no one was hurt.

CountZero

You want a glass topped table, how about this one:

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just scratches and edge chips isn’t it, playing with the internal stresses. Bought and Oak table instead of glass not long ago, kinda glad now 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Coffeetableking…. 🙂

rustler
    Free Member

“explore exciting new forms of love making, in new & unusual locations & positions” said the book, now confined to the bin.

pjt201
    Free Member

i’ve seen that happen in a few toughened glass things before. Had some table mats that were toughened glass and came home to one of them shattered into tiny pieces. same with a toughened glass pan lid.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Glass coffee tables always make me recall the Noddy Holder story about a struggling singer in the early 1970s touring Germany.

Dibbs
    Free Member

the Noddy Holder story about a struggling singer in the early 1970s touring Germany.

You can’t just say that and leave us hanging….. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You can’t just say that and leave us hanging…

Apparently he made extra money by performing bowel movements on glass coffee tables for German businessmen who would lay beneath and watch.

Struggling to find proof of this on Google but I remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago where he mentioned it.

EDIT: Lots of stuff doing the rounds on chat boards such as this, which must be the interview I saw…
    Noddy, when rather skint on tour in Europe somewhere, was paid to take a crap on a glass topped coffee table by someone else (I remember him discussing it a couple of years ago on a late night chat show – poss Frank Skinner or Wossy).

Stoner
    Free Member

And I always had Noddy Holder down as a Glam Rocker not a Scat man 😯

Dibbs
    Free Member

I just can’t get over the Zebra table and chairs, do people really pay money for stuff like that? 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

you should look in the some of the shops on South Audley Street – with wall-to-wall gilded tat pitched at the discerning middle-eastern market…

Dibbs
    Free Member

the discerning middle-eastern market…

TBH that hadn’t crossed my mind, make more sense now you mention it. I’d love to see the wife’s reaction if she came home and found that on the patio 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Glass dining table just exploded…………;o(’ is closed to new replies.