• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glasgow parking
  • NZCol

After losing a week of my life at the park and ride earlier this week we are going to park somewhere for Hampden later today. Trying to find something sort of Inbetween there and the hockey as half are going there. Anyone got any secret spots and/or advice. Cheers.

Gordy
    Free Member

Park miles away somewhere quiet and get the train in to Mount Florida?

peterfile
    Free Member

You could leave the car in Rutherglen somewhere (plenty of residential streets) then walk it. It’s about a mile to Hampden and just over that to the hockey centre.

But…it has been tipping it down here all morning. You might not want to be walking anywhere!

You could maybe park up at Drygate Brewery, have a pint and then the hockey guys could walk to the centre and you could grab a cab to Hampden. Two birds with one stone and all that..it’s an impressive place!

zyxw
    Free Member

Rutherglen sounds like a good option. I can think of a couple of places in Tradeston (Kingston Street car park, Salkeld Street etc.) but it’s not the nicest area of town to park. Easy enough to get to Glasgow Green and out to Hampden from here though.

Could you drop people off near the hockey centre and park nearer to Hampden? If so, you should have no problem parking on Darnley Road and walking the 15 minutes or so down past Queen’s Park to Hampden.

irc

This street just off M74 junction 1A (Polmadie) is used for casual parking Mon – Fri. 1 mile from Hampden. Less to the hockey. Avoids any issues with queues on surfaces streets.

Though I’ve not been past during the games but it’s probably far enough from any venues to be unaffected by any restrictions.

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=55.837298,-4.241361&spn=0.001639,0.005284&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=55.837175,-4.24168&panoid=Lp-vmMZEF8nqQcNF8x90Vg&cbp=12,297.94,,0,2.83

peterfile
    Free Member

I come off at that junction coming home from work irc…all of Polmadie Rd is games laned and has been a bit of a nightmare at times. I could be wrong here…but I seem to recall that wee parking bit being blocked off with cones last week.

In saying that, there’s plenty of street parking off polmadie rd further up if it is blocked off. You could even take it to Sparkles (just round the corner) and leave it with them. £10 gets you safe parking and you’ll come back to a clean car!

NZCol

Thanks chaps, irc, yeah we went past there the other day and noted it being used for parking so will try there first. The brewery idea is great but we are trying to find somewhere in the Middle for the escape later on.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye park in ruggie. 65 bus will take you to the hockey and the 7 will take you to Hampden. Get both on the main street(7 towards hampden, 65 going the other way, free with your ticket). You’ll get a parking spot behind the main street on king street at the end nearest Hampden. Easy enough trek to either. I’m from ruggie originally so know it well.

poah
    Free Member

apparently the parking near kings park station was relatively quiet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow parking’ is closed to new replies.