Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Glasgow city centre pub
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a pub with a beer garden or outside area for this lovely evening ?

moonsaballoon

City center isn’t blessed with lots of beer gardens , best bet is to jump on the underground to hillhead and go to Ashton lane , only 5 mins and it’s right behind the station so you can’t miss it

legend
    Free Member

Black Sparrow at Charing Cross, and the pubs next door will be nice this evening. Closer to the centre and you’re really struggling

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Babbity Bowser is close and very nice. There’s the student funkiness of the Ark

legend
    Free Member

The Ark should probably be avoided if above the age of 21. TBH, it’s beer garden’s pretty naff anyway. Big, but in the shade most of the day iirc

BoardinBob

Black sparrow is a great shout as is chinaskis next door. Currently propping up the bar in mcsorleys because all the trains are cancelled!

legend
    Free Member

interesting timing! Scotrail will be pooing themselves if they’re having big problems the day before the games start!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve got great memories of the Ark… unless you’re the type who wants to sit with the times and get peace to do the most difficult puzzle on earth I reckon you’d somehow manage to enjoy yourself!

legend
    Free Member

I suppose i there’s an abundance of student skirt it would make it easier 8)

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Cheers on the way to babity bowser

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I should have added to my OP beer not to be 5.15 a pint!!

BoardinBob

Ha. Pint of joker?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Buckie!

legend
    Free Member

BlindMelon – Member
    I should have added to my OP beer not to be 5.15 a pint!!
    POSTED 36 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You sure you’re actually in Glasgow? Or are these “commonwealth prices” I wonder……?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

West brewery beer garden. Lovely.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah I nearly fainted! The ark is much more reasonable and indeed the, ‘decor’ is pleasing

legend
    Free Member

Pints still shit though?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Guinness is always shit outside the homeland. Belhaven Black is ok though

richmtb

West Brewery is great. Price for a pint is pretty reasonable too and you can buy beer in litres to save you getting up too often!

GHill

Inn Deep.

poah
    Free Member

why the **** you would want to sit outside in glasgow city centre is beyond me, same goes for ashton lane – its a **** dump and over priced as well.

legend
    Free Member

Because the sun was out and the OP was in the city centre and fancied a pint?

seosamh77
    Free Member

West is probably best shout

BoardinBob

why the **** you would want to sit outside in glasgow city centre is beyond me

Glasgow when the sun is shining is awesome. There’s a great buzz about the place. The outdoor areas around Bier Halle and down Buchanan Street are great. Sadly a couple of the best outdoor areas don’t get the sun, The Lab & Sloans. And while Ashton lane is a bit too G1, the rooftop terrace at The Chip and the garden out the back of Brel are lovely.

peterfile
    Free Member

the rooftop terrace at The Chip

+1

(when it’s not filled with body warmer and red trouser wearing fannies drinking coffee and reading the guardian)

Drygate is well worth a visit if you haven’t been yet. 20 craft beers on tap plus many more in bottles.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

why the **** you would want to sit outside in glasgow city centre is beyond me, same goes for ashton lane – its a **** dump and over priced as well.

What a strange comment.

There’s a few pubs on Great Western Road, at Kelvinbridge, that get the sun well into the evening. Also a good few decent boozers along the Finnieston side of Argyle Street.

BoardinBob

Finnieston side of Argyle Street.

Finnieston is buzzing these days. Great atmosphere about the place. Dinner at Old Saltys then a few beers near by. Bliss.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

peterfile – Member
    the rooftop terrace at The Chip
    +1

(when it’s not filled with body warmer and red trouser wearing fannies drinking coffee and reading the guardian)

Drygate is well worth a visit if you haven’t been yet. 20 craft beers on tap plus many more in bottles.

Coffee should be banned from pubs, takes too bloody long for bar staff to make, when it’s red hot outside, and yer throat is like an Arabs sandshoe!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

@ poah legend answered on my behalf. It was a lovely evening and I wanted a beer in the sun. The good folks of stw delivered.

In Edinburgh tonight and if you want a steak check out shebeen on Lothian road. Fantastic

poah
    Free Member

so which hovel did you end up in?

botanybay
    Free Member

Guinness is always shit.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Which recommendation above do you class as a ‘hovel’ your majesty?

poah
    Free Member

wasn’t being derogatory, just wondered where you
    decided to go.

legend
    Free Member

poah – Member

poah – Member

poah – Member
    wasn’t being derogatory

Sure about that? You’ve got a very weird chip on your shoulder about Glasgow for some reason. From east of the Harthill divide by any chance?

poah
    Free Member

Glasgow oddly enough

seosamh77
    Free Member

poah – Member
    Glasgow oddly enough

and here we have a glimpse at the common self loathing bawbag, usually spotted in the outlying schemes of Glasgow. 😆

poah
    Free Member

that’s Dr bawbag to you 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

that’s Dr bawbag to you

Ah, that explains it then… delusions of grandeur 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

poah – Member
    that’s Dr bawbag to you

😆

poah
    Free Member

Ah, that explains it then… delusions of grandeur

🙁 it’s real I tell you, real

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow city centre pub’ is closed to new replies.