Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Glasgow bike friendly accomodation
  • jonba
    Free Member

I am planning to head up to Glasgow for a weekend road riding. I have loops planned where it would be convenient to stay to the north west of the city (I have one loop just North of Glasgow and one out west). If we stay around Clydebank then I could probably ride one of them from the door of the hotel which would be nice.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

Needs to be single rooms.
    Bike friendly (can take bikes inside ideally)
    Cheap (£40 ish a night)
    Near to places to eat.
    Optional is a good breakfast.

Thanks,

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Try the Glazert in Lennoxtown, the location is a hub for superb road riding and you’re 5 min cycle from Wheelcraft for an experience in old world shopping.

legend
    Free Member

You do realise that Clydebank is not exactly a nice place. Admittedly handy for the rides you’re looking at, but I wouldn’t recommend staying or dining there

jonba
    Free Member

No idea, it was the only thing I could see on google maps. Don’t know the area so it was more “out that way”. Was thinking further north of that in any case.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its very easy to get out of Glasgow Northwards even from the city center.

If it was me I’d be looking at somewhere nice in Glasgow to enjoy a great city in the evening and suck up the extra distance in the ride.

legend
    Free Member

How about this: http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/strathclyde/glasgow/glasgow-milngavie.html

A quick phone call would confirm if they are happy for your bike to be taken to your room (the one beside Bike Park Wales is very good for that). Bit further from the Erskine bridge, but only by a few miles. Restraunts within walking distance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow bike friendly accomodation’ is closed to new replies.