Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Glasgow based STWers…..
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Are there any decent group rides/clubs around the city?

I’ve just moved back after being away for 7 years and haven’t been out on the bike yet, due mostly to a few broken bones, but also because I’ve not really had any motivation. It’s now really starting to get to me.

Thanks 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

Google Glasgow Mountain Bike Club.

Or Sanny will probably be along shortly…

trekstar
    Free Member

Loads of Glasgow based people over at the TrailScotland forum

peterfile
    Free Member

merci, i’ll swing by trailscotland 🙂

had a look at GMBC, they look like a friendly bunch

BoardinBob
    bruneep

they look like a friendly bunch

…and what are we? 👿

doug_basqueMTB.com

You’ve got lots of choice for people to ride with in Glasgow. I used to ride with GMBC are they taught me all I know 😉 A big part of GMBC is (or used to be) Sanny who organises fantastic rides each weekend. There’s also Wed night / tue night and local stuff at the weekends. There’s Rock Hard who are (or were) a bit quick. Freeflow bikes down in the south side also do a ride, or used to. I’ve never been along.

And there is a new club I’ve heard rumor of starting in Paisley. It’s going to be run by some people who know a lot of the trails down that way so should be good. I think it’ll be something to do with Thomson Cycles down in Paisley? Not sure if it’s all up and going yet.

Lots of choice. There’s also a very friendly bunch that post on http://www.uk-mtb.com/index.php who meet up regularly round Glasgow for a spot of more downwards pointing riding.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Meet Up Group

Friendliest of the lot

2 or 3 runs most mid weeks, rides most weekends. All levels. Just a good, friendly welcoming bunch. Been going 2 years now.

thegman67

Its one of our members at lanarkshire mtb club that has started the Paisley club

davieg
    Free Member

+1 for the meet up group. Only been out with them once so far, but very welcoming and good company. Looking forward to more trips with them.

peterfile
    Free Member

excellent, thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow based STWers…..’ is closed to new replies.