Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Giving up ale for a month :-(
  • hugor
    Free Member

Good luck chunky. I wish you the best.

If you can’t do without alcohol for 4 weeks you are already an alcoholic and should consider professional help.

Says who? You? Chill out man, your opinion is rubbish and doesn’t help the op.

konabunny
    Free Member

Stopped drinking for, I think, a few months until a holiday. Feeling psychically a lot better, even if I don’t think I’ve lost much weight. Best thing about it is being able to drive at night instead of spending $$$ on cabs.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You will sleep better and recover from rides quicker without booze.
    I’ve not had a drink for about a month and feel better for it.. especially in the mornings.
    Mine was to do with hangovers though as it had got to the stage where 1 beer or glass of wine could give me a headache for 1-2 days.

rewski
    Free Member

If you can’t do without alcohol for 4 weeks you are already an alcoholic and should consider professional help.

I’m sure if it was professional NHS help they would tell you to get lost and stop wasting there time, if is was private help then I’m sure they would gladly take your money. I’ve never heard of an alcoholic who already admits they drink too much. Good luck, you will feel better but life might get a tad boring at times.

joao3v16
    Free Member

If you can’t do without alcohol for 4 weeks you are already an alcoholic and should consider professional help

Bit of an extreme comment.

However I do find it a pretty sad state of affairs when not having a beer for even a few days becomes some kind of massive issue.

On second thoughts, perhaps if there’s such a dependence then the ‘alcoholic’ comment above isn’t so extreme after all.

damo2576
    Free Member

Not last Monday but the Monday before I didn’t have a drink for the whole day. Also last Sunday lunchtime I didn’t drink. Quite pleased with that but now aiming for a month off also.

binners

If you can’t do without alcohol making pompous self-righteous statements for 4 weeks you are already an alcoholic insufferable arse and should consider professional help

FTFY 😀

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i struggle like mad to not drink in the week, but slowly getting it sorted. the net result is that i feel so much better, and i’m dropping weight very nicely (with a lot of help from the idave plan) – plus all the cash i save.

big thing i found was getting past that kids in bed, dinner done, work computer off – sit down and have some wine to relax habit.

so what i do is keep some sparkling spring water in the fridge for after dinner and at about 10.30pm have a horlicks light (the chocolate one, and yes i know not idave freindly but got to be better than a bottle of red) which utterly knocks me out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have recently switched to having a pint of shandy made with diet lemonade. I now prefer it to a regular beer – normally just have the one pint as I cook dinner then that’s me done.

joao3v16
    Free Member

One sure-fire way of cutting out drinking at home is to have a wife who is tee-total, regularly states that she wishes you didn’t drink alcohol, gives you a slightly sad disappointed look when you arrive home with a bottle of red in the shopping, and then uses most of it for cooking …

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Giving up ale for a month :-(’ is closed to new replies.