• This topic has 44 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Giving a stranger you phone number… One for the girl.
  • juan
    Free Member

Is it acceptable to give your phone number to someone you have chat with for a few minutes (she was the ticket staff on the train).
    I don’t do that because I usually find it very lame.
    Putting myself in her shoes I think I’ll be very pissed off if a widget on a bike gave me his phone number, but I usually fail to grasp women’s logic sometimes.

So what would be your reaction then (as I am likely to see her again today).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do it properly!

mrsflash
    Free Member

It’s never happened to me so not sure! I think it would probably depend on who it was and how they did it. ie if you already fancied them it would be ok, but if you thought they were a pervy letch it would be pervy and letcherous.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Also, I think you need to be in a gym not on a train.

juan
    Free Member

Also, I think you need to be in a gym not on a train.

Well the train is the only time I see people to be fair. But lloks like it’s a no then 😐

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sorry was referring to the infamous Houns and the gym girl thread.

give her it.

Worst case scenario you have a humiliating story for us all to use to point and laugh at you later.

uplink
    Free Member

Getting her phone number would be a smarter move

Back when I was ‘active’ I only ever gave my number out after I had entertained the young lady & then [for some reason] often got it wrong 😉

juan
    Free Member

Worst case scenario you have a humiliating story for us all to use to point and laugh at you later.

That is true…

Coyote
    Free Member

Do you like her? Give her your number. What’s the worst that could happen? She says no thanks.

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh, and seconded what Mrs. Flash said. Friday’s need funny stories.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Is this a real girl or is it Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall?

juan
    Free Member

nobtwilder??

nicko74

see the other thread that’s busy at the moment. He’s a posh TV chef currently sharing a train carriage with another stwer… 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a card that gives my title as Deputy Director of the Institute of National Metaphor, which has my number and email address on. “May I give you my card?” is something I’m quite practised at saying professionally, so it sounds fairly natural when I do it socially. And no-one wants to have a drink with me who doesn’t find my card palaver sweet, so it helps with screening. 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    What’s the worst that could happen?

Errr she could turn out to be a physico bit*h with a really dodgy background who has various restraining orders against her relating to previous stalking episodes and is into voodoo dolls, the occult (sp) and black magic 😯

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oooh no, not the card BD – that can’t be good! Far too formal and letcherous! Far too much like “here, look at my job title” 😀

crispedwheel
    Free Member

bigsi – go on…(speaking from experience I’m assuming)

juan
    Free Member

Oh I see she is a real girl, who has just started a new job as train staff. So I am not really stalking her, but at the moment due to strikes,the number of train I can take is fairly small and given her location I am likely to see her again gosh I dosound very pervy 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member
    billybob
    Free Member

Give her your number, or ask her if she’d fancy meeting for a coffee sometime

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you want to give your number to mrsflash be sure your shaven legs are on show…

Smee
    Free Member

Are you 12? Just MTFU and give her your number.

hilldodger
    Free Member

he who dares wins Rodney………

Joxster
    Free Member

I was given a business card by a young lady on the tube, I met her for coffee a few days later and as it turned out I was able to supply her company with chocolates for all her corporate functions. So it was a good move for me 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

“here, look at my job title”

As noted, my job title is clearly bogus, and indeed pinched from the Daily Mash. I do not want to have a drink with anyone who fails to grasp that the existence of an Institute For National Metaphor is pretty unlikely…. 🙂

Moses

Yes, give her your number.
    And next time you see her, ask her out. All she can do is say “No”.

or kick you in the balls.

timbercombe
    Free Member

I don’t see any harm in it, worst thing she’ll do is go cheers and bin. I got given someone’s number once but I hadn’t even spoken to her before so thought it pointless, so as long as she knows your not an illiterate fool and can string a sentence together your at least standing with something in your favour she might have liked!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Possibly both. Then, when you double up clutching your balls she could hit the back of your head with something hard and drive a fragment of your skull through your brain so that you were paralysed and could only communicate by blinking. Then she might marry you, and take pleasure in tormenting you by parading in her smalls in front of your electric wheelchair every day for the rest of your life.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Institute For National Metaphor

Must read more closely. :mrgreen: Apologies 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I do not want to have a drink with anyone who fails to grasp that the existence of an Institute For National Metaphor is pretty unlikely

perhaps one might see the obvious absurdity but decide to play along with the joke ?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I’d give it a week or so Juan.
    If you see her everyday you can smile, say hello etc…
    and see what develops.
    She may well be getting excited at this very moment hoping you will be on the train in the morning.
    Oh, and if all else fails…offer her a piece of your brownie! 8)

bigsi
    Free Member

crispedwheel – Member
    bigsi – go on…(speaking from experience I’m assuming)

In a strange way i would like to say yes as that would have spiced up an otherwse dull and normal string of relationships that i had before i got together with my current g/f (are they still classed as g/f’s after 10yrs together?). However the senario that i paint is just the product of an over active imagination and a slightly negative outlook. Although i did once have a thing with a goth who was a bit odd in an interesting way 😕

juan
    Free Member

Well I know I should mtfu and all but I jsut dont want to look rude impolite or being another macho idiots. That is why I ask girls to tell me that they think.

I am sure every bloke dreams of a girl giving them a phone number, I am not sure about girls though…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

If you give her your number then it’s up to her to call.
    If a man on a train gave me his number I wouldn’t call.
    If I saw a man on the train everyday for a couple of weeks, got chatting etc…and he asked me to meet for a coffee I might say yes. 8)

aleigh
    Free Member

Years ago (well 16 in fact!) I fancied a bloke that sold the tickets at my local train station. I gave him my number and he was made up! Didn’t work out mind but imo, life’s too short. You have nothing to lose Juan 🙂

Tracey

Ive given my number to two men in Wharncliffe Woods, never met before, sold 2 bikes on the back of it. Just go for it, nothing to loose. Please report back on it.

Tracey

radoggair
    Free Member

Back in my singles days, god, i used to chat everything up that moves. Got alot of results on the back of if i chat to 10 girls, 1 will say yes. TBH, the ratio was alot better than that. NOw i’m only allowed to read of the menu and not order anything,where’s the fun in that?? 😛

bullheart
    Free Member

Ha ha ha!

I love romance….

Don’t forget to use ‘puppy eyes’…

rOcKeTdOg

do it Juan, as Aleigh says, life is too short so why not?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Giving a stranger you phone number… One for the girl.’ is closed to new replies.