Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Give the guy a break.
  • Smee
    Free Member

Big deal, GB got that soldiers name slightly wrong, his hand writing is shit and he made a couple of spelling mistakes. It hardly warrants national news does it.

Some days I hate this country.

IanMunro
    Free Member

True.
    England's ace though 🙂

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Absulitly Rolling Loo Blighter 🙂

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

+1
    It's nonsense. Hyped out of all proportion.

BoardinBob

Christ on a cross trainer

Stoner
    Free Member

he didnt manage to bow at the cenotaph though,

string 'im up!

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

dp

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

String 'im up and dp 😯

Sounds a bit harsh for a fairly minor crime Stoner 😕

genesis
    Free Member

Obama couldn't keep up with the amount of losses they're having.

The important thing is Brown wrote the letter.

ski
    Free Member

Surley it should be Tony B. writing the letters anyway?

Agree, news coverage is a bit ott

midlifecrashes

He has apologised tonight and made it crystal clear he's going to keep writing each one by hand until they're all dead. 🙁

Kuco

Blown out of proportion but you think he could of got the poor guys name right if nothing else.

Smee
    Free Member

Have you ever heard the surname Janes before? I know I haven't…

sofatester
    Free Member

Blown out of proportion but you think he could of got the poor guys name right if nothing else.

+1

MoreCashThanDash

I'm no fan of his and it was daft not to get someone to double and triple check the letter, but at least he made an effort and I applaud him for that.

When I've finished clapping, then I'll kick his smug sanctomonious ass into the Thames for failing to bow at the Cenotaph.

iDave
    Free Member

due to his eyesight he has to write with a black felt tip. which also suggests he struggles to write anyway. his aides should check this kind of thing. but he doesn't deserve a break, he chooses to have young guys in the firing line for politically dubious reasons… phucker

joolsburger
    Free Member

A boy died fighting a war few of us want and that **** can't even take the time to write a decent letter. Do it properly or not at all, don't pretend to give a shit.

Absolute C~~t.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Could be worse. Could be a conservative.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

he asked Tony to do it for him, Blair said no, apparently money wasn't the issue?

Kuco

And to think this blokes running the country 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funny that it was The Sun who thought nothing of exploiting the fairly raw grief of a bereaved mother only a month or so after changing their allegiance to the blue scum. Shame on them and those that buy it.

Sounds like it was an honest mistake to me.

Surfr
    Free Member

Trolling Zoo Fighter – Member
    Have you ever heard the surname Janes before? I know I haven't…
    POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

like the Janes aeronautical encyclopedias?

Wookster

He should not have spelt the name wrong out of line and hard to forgive, esp if it was your son. (although I heard him called James on a radio station today)

The fact he hand writes a letter I have a lot of time for that.

Did any one hear the capt on radio 4 this morning ( not put up be the MOD his mum got him on afetr he complained about the coverage he saw on his way back on e leave. He said that if people want to support the troops in the feild then we need to support the fact they are there. Made me think when nhe said that, really did got 3 mates out there at the mo.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think she's a very strange woman. I can't understand why she's checking the spelling of a note of condolence, and not just the sentiment. She must be a school teacher.

GB will now get them done by a secretary, and just sign them. Maybe inserting a few mistakes for authenticity.

Good result.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You may wish to take a seat……….This may come as a surprise.
    I fully support Gordon Brown in writing these letters. There are many, many things I despise the man for (Including the failure to show respect at the Cenotaph, compounded by his failure to support the forces), but this is not one of them. It must be a horrible thing to have to do, but he does it. He writes them by hand. That is the decent thing to do. His handwriting and spelling have always been terrible, and can only get worse when stressed and/or angry.

My main concern here is, surely someone should have checked this before it was sent? Or, is the problem that there is no one in No10 willing to take GB to one side and say, "Erm, Prime Minister, you might want to redo this one, there's a fair few typos in there". Are they afraid of a low flying phone? Afraid to be seen to say anything against the PM? Who knows.

But for Brown himself, despite all the very valid reasons to hate and despise him, this is not an issue. He has done the right thing in at least trying.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Funny that it was The Sun who thought nothing of exploiting the fairly raw grief of a bereaved mother only a month or so after changing their allegiance to the blue scum. Shame on them and those that buy it.

Hmmm, exploited eh ? Looks to me like she went to the Sun with the story. Hardly knocking at her door with her cowering inside is it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well said CFH.

joolsburger
    Free Member

he should have tried harder.

Olly
    Free Member

its bound to have been told to his pa over the phone, who heard james.

totally not his fault.
    not great for the mother, but at least hes making an effort

jon1973
    Free Member

I can't understand why she's checking the spelling of a note of condolence

You mean the spelling of her dead sons name? you don't have to be looking too hard to spot that one.

JulianA
    Free Member

Good call, CFH, totally agree with everything you said.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cpt in consensus shocker Well spoken words …On the Plus CPT surely a job for him at the Grauniad now?

chris23
    Free Member

I have some sympathy for him but a lot more hate.
    He did try by writing a letter to the fallen soliders mum….but
    At the Royal Albert hall on saturday the camera panned on him, just in time to see him nodding off, And also
    During his visit to Afghan we had to scramble 2 jets to give him over watch while there where tic's (troops in contact) happening. Our aircrew went mad when they where sent to cover him while he was in the safety of camp Bastian, but they where not allowed to be retasked.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

this is not news

sodafarls
    Free Member

Who started that war?

hora
    Free Member

He has done the right thing in at least trying.

At best he comes across as insincere. At worst, its horrible. Brownfall really does spring to mind. Is he really capable of leading the country? I mean, the economy is a mess, Lloyds TSB is getting a secret additional loan, there are more tax increases on petrol planned over the next few months, some really bizarre decisions. So he sits down and scribbles a short note. Why short for a start FFS.

Sorry, its worrying why he scribbles these notes. It would be endeering in other circumstances but does he know how to manage strategy?

duckers
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    due to his eyesight he has to write with a black felt tip.

Maybe he didnt see all the 0's on the end of the defecit when he kept signing the cheques then?

hora
    Free Member

he kept signing the cheques

He was warned for years wasnt he? Reign in the growth as early as 2001, short sharp slap to stabilise but no, they were chasing votes with the 'Iron Chancellor'/you are in safe hands.
    I fear Jeremy Clarkson was being polite when he famously referred to his site and his origins.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

that **** can't even take the time to write a decent letter. Do it properly or not at all, don't pretend to give a shit.

+1

Although the gesture could have been important, I feel the lack of time, care and effort is symptomatic of the level of respect and responsibility that the bloke feels towards the troops. That this reflects the lack of priority given towards capex funding for the MOD, from helos to fuel tank foaming through to body armour.

soobalias
    Free Member

slow news day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Give the guy a break.’ is closed to new replies.