Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gisburn, worth a go this weekend?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Is there much snow there? Is a worth a try this weekend?
    Cheers.

tomhoward

Last weekend the fire road to the hope line was sheet ice, not sure how mild it’s been this week though. But rocky road, home baked, the hope line etc were snow free. Didn’t go out to hully gully though

qtip

Was fine last weekend and would have expected most of the remaining ice to have gone by now. As tomhoward said, the fire road up to the Hope Line was sheet ice nearer the top, but all of the actual trails, including the Hully Gully end, were absolutely fine.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I went yesterday, albeit only for a mess about on the hope line and bottom loop. I’ve not seen it that dry since last summer. I think they may have been filling in some of the deeper puddles as there seem a lot of new aggregate patches and a lot less standing water!

mcnultycop

The volunteers have been working on the drainage on the snake, apparently. I’m heading up there next weekend and am grateful to them for their work in advance.

tomhoward

The volunteers have been working on the drainage on the snake

And lord did it need it!

Fanks trail fairies!

mark_rich
    Free Member

Sounds like its worth a visit then, Dalby’s been pretty poor last few weeks, off piste bits not bad but all fire roads between have been terrible.
    Guisboroughs still pretty bad I think.
    Hamsterley got the enduro on.
    Looks like gisburn, it’ll be interesting cos not ridden it in a year or so.
    Cheers for the info.

sandwicheater

Wave to the fat guy on a green Horsethief if your about Sunday.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Will do bud.

kevduckworth

Thanks for the feedback on the snake repairs guys 🙂

For the PMBA Volunteer Trailbuilders I have been leading midweek repair sessions to sort of the drainage issues. Have plans to fix other things too, keep an eye on the Facebook group if you would like to help.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/24782136080/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn, worth a go this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.