Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gisburn Maps?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is there an up to date map anywhere online for Gisburn? Only ever been once 2 years ago on a training course and so don’t think I saw half of the stuff there and I believe theres been some new stuff built since then.

Or is it all waymarked well? Will be starting/ending the ride from the D&P at Tosside.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Both the red and blue routes are well signposted.

Clover

Map here:
    http://www.gisburnbiketrails.com/trail-info
    And it’s easy to follow the signs.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

DBW, you don’t need a map. It is all well waymarked.
    The routes all officially start at Cocklet Hill Car Park but if you want to start from D&P, then you simply follow the fire road up, past where the new “Hope Line” drops away to your left, to a signposted right hand turn climbing through an old quarry.
    HTH

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers – so heading into the old quarry and just follow the red markers. Anything else I should be doing whilst I’m there? Any little fun diversions/options I need to be aware of?! Going to do the new Hope line on the way back to the pub.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

You’ve got it.
    Anything else….the downhill track is just a bit further along that fireroad, if that floats your boat. You can’t miss the drops leaving the fireroad on the left. Nothing mega serious to phase a trail bike.

nbt

where does the hope line start on that map?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

nbt,
    Hope Line starts where the first red dotted “up” track meets the fire road from Tosside. Can’t miss it.

nbt

ta!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Maps?’ is closed to new replies.