Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gisburn Forest trails – worth the trek?
  • smogmonster

I’m contemplating having a drive to Gisburn next week to try out the trails – are they any good? How does it compare to Dalby or Hamsterley?

carlosg
    Free Member

Shorter than Dalby but much more interesting dh sections IMO ,very varied terrain and plenty of options to extend for a longer ride.

Best place to park is the Dog and Partridge pub http://www.dogandpartridgetosside.co.uk/ you can hit the trail from the road behind the pub , the beer is good there and the food isn’t too bad either + they have a free/charity bikewash.

neil853
    Free Member

It’s a quality route that’s suprisingly technical. It’s better than hamsterly in my opinion and if it was a little longer it would be better than dalby.

It won’t occupy a full day though (unless your willing to go out into the wilderness with a map) so maybe link it with a trip with lee quarry? Some xc in the morning then some skills stuff in the afternoon? Lee quarry is only 40 mins or so from Gisburn

smogmonster

Cheers folks…i was contemplating a linkup with Lee Quarry. I’ll be heading down from Richmond so i may as well make it worth the drive and get a full days worth.

neil853
    Free Member

It’s a good route you’ll like it. Don’t forget to do ‘the slab’ though 🙂 that’s the bit where you’ll climb up to a crag with some huge boulder type things, when you go through a bomb hole type thing the trail splits, take the right trail (It’s a bit of an arse of a climb but stick with it) and you’ll hit a steep little chute, good fun! Even better in the dark!

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

i gisburn to anyone it is a nice change to most trial centers and make sure as said above the slad is worth doing also the mini down hill track is worth a bit of time (it doesn’t need a dh as i have done it on a hardtail before and had loads off fun) also the gully is good fun (but not all that good in the snow ether some pics of are last trip just before xmas

also a few more here along with the odd video
    Gisburn

lee quarry is also very good but in winter it can get very very very windy 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest trails – worth the trek?’ is closed to new replies.