Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Gisburn Forest needs 5 mins of your time
  • stumpyjon

As some of you may be aware Gisburn’s got great plans for a new car park and skills area along with better facilities. It’s currently going through the planning process and we’re trying to secure significant funding to actually build it. We have a major application in at the moment but we need to provide more supporting documentation which is where you come in. One of things needed is an assessment of the need for the facilities upgrade. Could you spend five minutes (that’s all) and fill in the online survey hosted here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N25QDLL

No personal details are required except your postcode. The more people who fill in the survey the more credibility the funding application will have.

Even if you haven’t visited Gisburn but are may do in the future it would be worth filling it in.

Thanks

crispo
    Free Member

Done, only took 2 mins! 😀

flatfish
    Free Member

done

grum
    Free Member

Did this already after seeing it on the facebook page.

MrSparkle

Done it and Tweeted the link.

stumpyjon

Ta, hopefully if we get this investment in it’ll unlock further trails development as well (in the meantime the volunteers are still building, dig day this Sunday if anyone’s interrested, and the Freeride line is also set for further extension thanks to Hope). FC seems quite keen on developing things further if additional funding can be sourced.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Done.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Done. And might go at the weekend if the weather is good…

TeaBoyPaul

Done.

Bregante

Done. Application will probably have been successful, building completed and everything fully operational by the time my knee’s up to getting back on a bike though 🙁

portlyone

Done

Carlos45
    Free Member

Done

loddrik
    Free Member

With pleasure. Gisburn is great!!

squiff
    Free Member

Done

Oggles
    Free Member

Bosh, done.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Done…still havent been yet though 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

done

grum
    Free Member

done

Did you tell them to get rid of the slab so you don’t feel like such a wimp when you chicken out of it?

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Done, not been this year – mainly due to injuries!

oopnorth
    Free Member

All filled in…fingers crossed!!

seven
    Free Member

done

Cougar

Done. Ta.

Is there anywhere we can get a preview of what these plans are?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Done. Loads more trails please and can you make a (nice long) dh run with that gradient? If so then an uplift service would be great!

lipseal
    Free Member

Done 🙂

stumpyjon

Cougar

I’ve got a copy of the plans and I’m hoping as soon as we get a final decision on the planning application (which I believe is now overdue) I’m going to publish all the details I have on http://www.pmba.org.uk

In short there will be a much bigger carpark, toilets, potentially a cafe although that’s dependant on some other stuff, an information hub, new singletrack to join the existing trails to the new trailhead and a series of blue, red and black graded skills loops just off the new carpark.

Grum – tell me about it, I still haven’t managed the slab and I reckon I’ve ridden steeper stuff at Lee Quarry without thinking about it.

Cheers to the mods for making this a sticky, much appreciated.

ando227
    Free Member

done

tops5
    Free Member

Done – hope to try me new bike up there this weekend!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Done.

rockhopperbike

done,

whats the score for Sunday?- may have a free day

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Done. way less than 5 mins here too.

Xar
    Free Member

Done

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Done

stumpyjon

rockhopperbike

we meet in the forest at 10:00 am (I’ll open the barriers up). If you email me I’ll send you a map of the current meeting point.Bring some butties, we’ll provide tools, brews, gloves and if I’m feeling flush chocolate biscuits.

more info on our dig days here http://www.pmba.org.uk/gisburnvols.htm

If you email me I can also add you to our mailing list if you want.

We’re working on a really nice section at the moment, it’s been a bit of a beast to dig by hand but should be really good when it’s done, should be like a smaller scale version of the section on Hully Gully after the big berms. Despite the work load we’ve actually made much better progress than expected. Could still do with more help though.

Bunnyhop

All very exciting.

Done.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think the work done at Gisburn is fantastic.

However – even with new skill loops, could the existing trails cope with the extra volume of riders that a bigger car park and facilities would attract? If you go on a weekend the red route can already be a bit of a traffic jam.

R.lepecha

Going for a weekend up there in august, So I’ve filled it out.

I’ve ridden the slab too with only one foot clipped in while hanging over the front of the bike. Sketchy!

stumpyjon

I think the trails can probably cope with more riders, they don’t get that congested most of the time. That said we’re slowly extending them all the time and have ambitious plans for the future. Never know once the hub’s in it may in itself attract additional funding to extend the trails.

smudge
    Free Member

Done and dusted 8)

ChrisE
    Free Member

Done

abennell
    Free Member

Done

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest needs 5 mins of your time’ is closed to new replies.