Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gisburn conditions
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Staying up north and thinking of heading to Gisburn tomorrow, i’ve been up there once several years ago but ive heard theres been a lot of work done up there. Is it all open? Does it ride well in the wet? Its only about an hours drive away so thought it would be worth a look!

dalesjoe
    Free Member

popped over for a quick blast on saturday. Lots of standing water but otherwise ok. Been dry past couple of days so hopefully that’s helped. You’ll notice quite a difference to your last visit. Much better now.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Whinlatters also pretty close but im quite keen to check out the developments at Gisburn. Is the cafe open mid week?

tomhoward

I’ve not seen it open all year…

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I heard the cafe had closed down. Nice looking cafe in Tosside though (not been but looks nice) that looks to be open mid week. The Dog and Partridge serves a decent post ride snack but only open weekends.

slordy
    Free Member

was up there sunday bit of water from all the rain fri/sat but trails running well, theres dotties tea shack for after ride refreshments but not sure if they are there midweek, they are on the path next to the unopened cafe

vondally
    Free Member

Or for a cafe try slaidburn down the road next to the car park

martinhutch

It’s all open, and should be riding fine. Lots of little roots and muddy bits to entertain you if it’s been raining though.

The place in Tosside is old skool tea room, nice grub served in the front room of a big house.

mcnultycop

Tea van only open at weekends now.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Great fun! Well done to the trail builders.

danposs86

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn conditions’ is closed to new replies.