Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giro Xen to Hex – fit?
  • yoshimi

Used a Xen for quite a while but after a spill it’s time to replace it.

Don’t really fancy shelling out for a Xar so tried a Fox Flux but doesn’t sit as well as my old Xen.

Was looking at the Hex but wondered if it was the same ‘headshape’.

Any experiences?

Thanks

z1ppy

I’ve tried on the Xar and Hax, looking for a replacement for my Xen, neither fit me the same as the Xen… which is very surprising in my book. The Xar had a bump in the middle, or felt like it had, I don’t remember exactly what felt wrong with the Hex but it was enough for me to put it straight down and walk away. Obviously you need to try them yourselves to confirm, but neither is any good to me.

Still to try a Feature, but otherwise it’s a NOS Xen for me…

johnners
    Free Member

I use a Hex, Xen’s nowhere near as comfortable for me. Mind you, it’s been years since I tried a Xen so the fit may have changed.

johnners
    Free Member

Double post!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I bought a Hex figuring it would be like the Xen – no where near as comfy so I often wind up using the very old Xen instead (from when they were released!).

I may need to invest in a new one.

kimbers

a large hex fits my head very well, the large xen did not

also the large xen gave me a proper mushroom head look!

shortcut

I was a long time Xen user and the Hex just didnt do it for me.

Now running a Xar and a Spesh S3 for the road.

luket

Just to offer a contrasting view to those above I still have both my xen from about 2005 and a hex (which I guess is a year or so old). Both are the largest available (L or XL, whatever they call it, about 63cm anyhow), I can’t fit into most helmets, and both are a better fit than anything else I’ve ever had or tried and they feel a similar shape to me. My Hex has a wheel type adjuster at the back which is better than the old xen but the newer xens I think have similar.

yoshimi

Well, that answered my question – not all Giro helmets are the same shape:(

I’ve bought a Flux from Evans only £36 with my student discount, not as comfy as my Xen but it’s not bad – although Zippy, it also has a slight bump in it right on top of the head but it doesn’r press or anything.

Thanks for the responses guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giro Xen to Hex – fit?’ is closed to new replies.