Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giro Xar or Hex Helmet?
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Need a new mtb helmet, used for trail riding (my current one is cracked, only held together by the outer plastic bit)

giro helmets seem to be cheap atm, which one should i get the xar or hex?
    The xar is £30 more, is it worth it?

Cheers
    Gabe

singlespeedstu

I’d go for the new Giro Feature.

womble321
    Free Member

Hex 2012 on the on one wbsite £39.99 50% off normal rrp & the same with the xar i think its £69.99 from its stupid price.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yeah there are some ace deals on the Hex atm. That’s what I run. Great lid.

gaberin
    Free Member

Yeah, i will be getting it from on one, anyone have the xar or have had the hex aswell, whats the difference?

lostboysaint
    Free Member

No idea what the difference is supposed to be. Tried both on, saved myself £50 by going with the Hex.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d get whatever fits…and I’d rarely buy without trying on.

cheers_drive

I tried both on a didn’t see any diffrence now the Hex has a Roc Loc 5. Chose the Hex because the vent shape means I can use the MagicShine O rings to mount direct

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got both. Xar is the more comfortable of the two. It’s heads for helmets though. Try before you buy and get the one that feels right

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i had this dilemma recently and eventually chose the hex. The xar is nice but more bulky – it seemed to fit lower though, and would not happily accept my joystick light fitting without the inside bit of the lamp mount pressing on my head. In the end i got a hex again.

The rounder shape of the hex fits me better and I also couldnt really see / feel the benefit of the extra cash on the Xar

The new hex with roc loc 5 feels a lot better than the previous version.

If i was buying today though i would probably go for the fox flux on Stif. Down to £42 and looks quite cool 🙂

belugabob
    Free Member

I have a hex, and It’s been great but it is due to be replaced, so I’m going to try on a feature tomorrow, before making a decision.

takisawa2

Try both. I did & went for the Hex. A lot cooler than the Xen I had.

gaberin
    Free Member

problem is i can’t try them as i am ordering it online, i may get the xar as i prefer a helmet that fits lower..

jamiep
    Free Member

I was originally under the impression that they were essentially the same / very similar but the Xen was slightly upgraded. However, I tried on both and couldn’t get on with the Hex at all. Ended up with the Xen. Like mentioned above, I like the lower, around the head fit

Edit: the Xen has few holes and they are oddly spaced – difficult, but not impossible, to zip tie a light to it at a suitable angle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giro Xar or Hex Helmet?’ is closed to new replies.