Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giro Switchblade Vs Faceplant
  • yoshimi

It certainly saved me and I’m not complaining or trying to say anything bad about it, but I think my next full face wll be a proper heavy duty one

small vid on Instagram,

Akers

Looks to me like it did exactly what it’s designed to do, i.e saved your face by absorbing the energy of the impact through deformation. Bravo Giro I say!

Given the same impact I would expect a ‘proper’full face helmet to do the same.

hainman
    Free Member

What did you got and how hard an impact??
    I doubt very much a full facer would not have taken same damage except the movement on the chin bar
    But had that not been there then an exspensive dental bill or more
    I had a belter of a crash and wrecked my full facer and still ended up with eye socket and check bone breaks
    But for sure I would have sustained more damage if it was just a trail lid

Splash-man
    Free Member

Hmmm…..

Leaves disappointed after expecting to see video of crash.

Honestly, glad you got away with no major injuries.

yoshimi

It would have made for better analysis SPalsh 🙂

It was coming off a 5-6ft drop, guess going around 25mph, rocky trail, landed ok but then I just remember being whipped to the floor, hit lhs of face pretty much square on

Left with a sore jaw, mild concussion and cuts to my face, one above my eye where the MIPS dug in and bruising from goggles

It was a solid stack! I was more than happy with how the Switchblade performed

One other thing tho – I was very very glad I was wearing goggles – still got a slight goggle shaped bruise around my eye where they’d compressed against me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giro Switchblade Vs Faceplant’ is closed to new replies.