Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giro Hex Pads
  • Sparky77
    Free Member

So after somewhat misshaping my old Xen that was probably due a replacement anyway, I opted for a hex as I was generally impressed with how my xen held up over the years and the fit from Giro’s are generally pretty good for me.

After a long ride at the weekend I took the pads out and chucked them in the wash with my other bits and pieces, as I have done for the past 6 years with my Xen pads. Much to my surprise upon taking the pads out they had completely fallen apart and are now pretty useless. Not impressed. Anyone else had similar problems?

mtbfix

Was there any vel-cro in the machine? My gloves have a talent for attaching themselves to loose helmet pads and tearing them to bits.

simon1975

They last longer if you handwash them. I take them into the shower and use my favourite brand of shampoo 😉

Replacements were cheapest from a German shop since they’re not often kept in stock in the UK.

Sparky77
    Free Member

There was some gloves in there, but the pads weren’t attached to anything upon pulling them out of the washing machine…

Underhill
    Free Member

Same story. I got a replacement Hex a couple of years ago & the pads fell apart really quickly. Fortunately I’d kept the old pads so not a total disaster.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The pads are useless at being washed. Buy new pads.

jamest
    Free Member

Buy 2 sets of pads. When washing put in one of those little mesh bags that come with some washing powder capsules- stops em getting trashed by other laundry

bigblackshed

I’m surprised tbh. My set lasted 6 years with regular hand washing. Replaced them a couple of months ago from my LBS. They were a tad threadbare though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giro Hex Pads’ is closed to new replies.