Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Giro Gloves Any one got?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The remedy gloves look like what I'm after, what are they like? Any one use them?

Kahurangi

I wrote some lengthy feedback to Giro on them because

they were the best, comfiest, gloves I had ever used with a bit of knuckle protection (I'm always picking thorns out of my knuckles otherwise)..

… but the palm let me down. It's pittards leather and went dry and shrunken too quickly.

I've still just bought some more though.

khani
    Free Member

I've got some, zen ones I think, they are very comfy
    EDIT no, remedys,

anc
    Free Member

Got the rivets, whilst the fit is as good as i've used, the seams are coming apart. Fox sidewinders are far far more durable IMO.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Great fit but the silicone on the fingers rubbed off after a few rides on mine. Still wear them though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got some Xen's, very good they are too

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hmmm, generally favourable, but a bit of a mixed bag then really. Thanks chaps.

Jon T – The knuckle thing is exactly my requirements – Interesting thing on the Palms though. I've never had any trouble with pittards on other brands.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Had some Xens. They came apart at the seams after a couple of months. Would not recommend.

TeaBoyPaul

Bought some Rivets back in June, they are beginning to come apart at the seams already. (they have probably done about 1000 miles all in). Should have got some Gore Alp X instead. The Giro gloves are very comfy however but just don't seem to last.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Got some Xens. Cripplingly uncomfortable on the first ride, then have been OK.

Have gone through both thumb tips after about 6 rides.

Nice and airy, but could do better.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I bet they're airy now!

andy7t2
    Free Member

i've got some dj's fitted great but first fall ripped so back with 661's now

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I went with some TLD's in the end. I know they fit and last!

Candodavid
    Free Member

WOW you got new gloves…cool!!! 😆

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its pretty amazing!

I'd darned the other ones at least 5 times. 😯 😆

These ones should smell better too…

amplebrew

I bought a pair of Rivet gloves and the stitching only lasted 4 weeks before it came apart 😕

Bit disappointed as I've always thought of Giro as being a quality brand.

Kahurangi

Oh yes, the stitching broke on mine too (ok there wasn't enough material, which broke; the stitching was ok).

The fingers lasted better than me 661's though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Giro Gloves Any one got?’ is closed to new replies.