Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • giro crash damage exchange
  • onehundredthidiot

OH had a pretty impressive two point landing off the road bike on Sunday. On point was her shoulder, breaking clavicle in 3 places other point was side of helmet which did the job. Garmin says it happened at 27mph.
    Anyway giro helmet is gubbed how does the exchange work, with no proof of purchase. Date sticker still inside and it’s “in date”.

jimc101
    Free Member

You could Google it No POP, they won’t accept it.

simon_g

Via Zyro in the UK, and you’re supposed to have proof of purchase to claim on it. Do you have credit card / bank statement showing when it was bought?

http://www.zyro.co.uk/giro/content/giroreplacement

onehundredthidiot

Thanks Jim. Was wondering if anyone had real world experience of using it.

paladin

I didn’t bother with their crash replacement as after paying for return postage and the replacement cost, I was cheaper buying a new one elsewhere.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve used it in years gone by but given the discounts you can now get, it’s not really worth it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

No help with the helmet but hope yr OH is ok – mine broke hers (incl shoulder) into 5 earlier this year, needed surgery now has impingement and arthritis. Make sure you get imaging from different angles (initially they sent home in a sling after one X ray). Took us two extra visits and a second opinion to get them to investigate properly – then it became apparent that surgery was essential so fully recommend second opinions on best treatment and excellent follow-up/physio long term!.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘giro crash damage exchange’ is closed to new replies.