Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Girlfriend has gained a stalker… Advice please
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Morning all! The other half has gained a stalker who keeps knocking on the door then runs away.
    I don’t live with her, but stay there for half the week. This chap never seems to call when my car is up the road.

It concerns me because she lives alone with her 6yr old daughter…
    She’d say he was in his late teens early 20’s, he knocks waits for someone to come to the door then walks away looking back. I’ve seen a similar looking bloke going into a house a few roads down.

She’s been to the police, they couldn’t do anything as they were closed! It then stopped happening, however this week it’s started again. He calls early evening or at about 1am!

Any thoughts on what I can do? Want to put a pir bulkhead up so it lights when someone come to the door, tempted to stuff a cheapy video camera up in the porch to try and catch him out and take it to the police?
    It’s that or I’ll have to get some bombers to store behind the front door!
    Anyone had a similar problem?

clubber
    Free Member

The pir light plus a motion activated webcam. Catch him at it then go to the police.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

What clubber said. That would be my first move.

philconsequence
    Free Member

wwaswas

I’d try somethign ‘stealthy’ if you want to get a picture of his face – if he works out there’s cctv he’ll just wear a hoodie.

could you not park a mile away and walk there (or get the bus) to surprise him by being in?

iDave
    Free Member

does she live near the southern yeti or houns?

ericemel
    Free Member

Park your car somewhere else….and wait 😉

damo2576
    Free Member

Any wooded areas with clear line of sight upto a mile away?

Moses

Park further away in future. Stalker won’t know you’re there. The rest is up to you.

Cougar

This chap never seems to call when my car is up the road.

Park somewhere else, or borrow a mate’s car.

I’m not suggesting giving him a kicking, but seeing a bloke answer the door might make him think twice about it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Pretend to be some sort of religious building next door? Then BOOM!

Joe

Capture him and subject him to this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uNm-GwnDZ0[/video]

Roblilly
    Free Member

I was warned about confronting my wifes stalker a while ago as there is always the risk they could be mentally unstable. I would try and get a picture to identify him then let the cops pay him a visit, that should do the trick

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can only agree with the other comments, park elsewhere (or cycle round etc) and wait, when he does it again answer the door calmly, without saying a word and follow him. Everywhere.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Swing away Merill, swing away

Cougar

I was warned about confronting my wifes stalker

Answering the door when someone calls isn’t “confronting.” Open the door, “yes, can I help you?” nice and calm and innocent.

wwaswas

I’d agree that duffing him up isn’t going to help but findign out where he lives/getting pictures will.

Also, get GF to keep diary of when the calls occur – that sort of record will go down well with legal types trying to prove a pattern of behaviour if it needs to go to court.

Roblilly
    Free Member

@ Cougar you are totally correct in your definition, but emotionally it might be hard for someone to remain impassive, so my suggest was to avoid any possibility of that.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Smear a large bucket of glue on the doormat at 12.45am

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was warned about confronting my wifes stalker a while ago as there is always the risk they could be mentally unstable

A stalker and a bit nuts who would have thought

Seriously OP tread carefully it is not “normal ” behaviour so tread arefully as you may not get a rational/predictable reponse from anything you do.

Haze

She wants you to move in.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I like the follow him option, found out where he lives start knocking on his door.

Realisticly he might be unhinged so just try and be there when he comes around next. Open door camera in hand and take a picture as you open the door. Warn him off, tell him if he ever bothers your OH again then the picture will be going straight to the police / big burly friends (depending how your feeling)

philconsequence
    Free Member

why not put a note on the door saying “you’re on camera, next time you visit we will call the police (who have already been notified of your behaviour) will be given the photos as evidence. **** off” ?

oh and Haze +1

ski
    Free Member

Are you sure its not your girlfriends bit on the side 😉

Park somewhere else, or borrow a mate’s car.

I’m not suggesting giving him a kicking, but seeing a bloke answer the door might make him think twice about it.

That’s what I would try first.

RealMan
    Free Member

treaclesponge you need to think bigger.

lol @ haze 😀

j_me
    Free Member

Ditch her, date a munter 😉
    Problem solved.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’d recommend:

neninja
    Free Member

No point reasoning with him as he’s probably not the full shilling. As above try to find out where he lives and pass the details on to the police. It could escalate so the police need to be involved.
    This link has some useful info – she needs to start recording a diary of everytime it happens.
    http://www.harassment-law.co.uk/stalk.htm

charlierevell
    Free Member

I knew I could come here for advice! Cheers all.
    Loving the tank with a religious theme.
    I work in lighting so will try and hunt out a bulkead with pir, can also get them with a camera to film each time it’s set off.
    I’ve asked her to keep a diary and I’ll be going back to the police.
    I’ve already thought to hide the car so will do that tomo night.

Who’s got some cheap bombers then??

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

do a little job on him . . . .

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Go to the Police again, and keep going to the Police until they take notice.

scaredypants
    bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I prefer to think of it as freelance urban surveillance.

Ahh, remember the old days when you could pass this sort of lark off as ‘people watching’, more innocent times.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Follow him home (without him knowing) then start doing the same to him and see how he likes it. Seriously though get your girlfriend to photograph him as he leaves her door, so make sure she has a camera to hand.

swisstony
    Free Member

it will take a bit of work but the look on his face will be worth it!

Milky
    Free Member

+1 for coffeeking

Do it calmly. Makes the point in a passive manner plus you’ll find out either where he lives or places he frequents. You never know, he may even head for a police station himself.

pigyn
    Free Member

It’s Kit off here, just ask him to stop

Sandwich

No mess, no fuss just get Errol in!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcqXpDwi5jQ[/video]

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Girlfriend has gained a stalker… Advice please’ is closed to new replies.