Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Girl trouble, need a good online flourist that delivers
  • Sparx
    Free Member

Ok so I've messed up and need to grovel, going to start with some flowers. I have had no experience with online florists, are there any ones in particular that stand out?

My wonderful girlfriend lives 300 miles away so a reliable delivery service is a must

I know it shouldn't be a factor but reasonable prices would be nice being a student and all…

Thanks in advance

Sparx

Stoner
    Free Member

pffft. Life's too short. She'll either get over it or not – whichever way, it doesnt matter 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Done this a couple of times and Interflora seem to have women on the other line of the phone who can pick out the right bunch in this situation without you even seeing them or being near a computer!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have just googled for a local florist and asked them to deliver.

rOcKeTdOg

TJ has the best plan, flowers will be fresher too

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jesus you don't want to be setting this sort of precedent in your relationship, so 2nd stoner.

More importantly…. What have you done?

clareymorris

More importantly buy her flowers when you HAVEN'T screwed up!

0091paddy
    Free Member

wait till you get the bill….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

More importantly buy her flowers when you HAVEN'T screwed up!

Very good point, then she won't know when you're feeling guilty in the future either!

ojom
    Free Member

Can i suggest you cease screwing stuff up asap. Learn you will NEVER win. This is the way of Nature and The Plan.

By doing this myself i have saved a fortune in present/flowers.

Therefore every gift is given with positivity and no negativity.

Happy to help.

woody2000

300 miles away?! I daresay her local boyfriend will have bought her some flowers by now, don't worry. 😈

ojom
    Free Member

300 miles away?! I daresay her local boyfriend will have bought her some flowers by now, don't worry.

i wanted to say that but didn't.

Sparx
    Free Member

I think the local florist is a good idea, along with stopping myself from screwing up in the future.

Long distance relationships are hard but this girl is worth it.

nonk
    Free Member

never ever say sorry with flowers.
    school boy error.
    save the flowers for the good times.

Sparx
    Free Member

You evil b*tards 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….. but this girl is worth it.

Get on your bike then…….I wouldn't ponce about with flowers.

ojom
    Free Member

Just messing. 8)

Thing is, she will be expecting flowers.

How about taking a day off. Get the train there. Walk into her office/place of work/house, say nothing, go to kiss her but don't quite, then turn and walk away.

Run to train home and don't answer phone for 24hrs.

It will go well.

woody2000

How about, and it's a bit of a long shot I know, you do what adults do and apologise, say it won't happen again and let that be the end of it?

thebikechain – WTF? 🙄

Been watching an officer and a gentleman again? 😀

Sparx
    Free Member

never ever say sorry with flowers.

Surely it's better than nothing?

ojom
    Free Member

It's my favourite film! 👿

colnagokid

I think the online florists use a local florist-do they not.
    Sparx-if you let me know your GF address I could pop round personally 8)
    EDIT- if she's near, with flowers obviously!

nonk
    Free Member

handwritten letter would be a good call i reckon include in the letter an offer of something to make up for you being a nob.

woody2000

😀

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

flowers are better than nothing. but going and saying sorry in person is much better than flowers. appreciate you might not be able to do that straight away.. but taking a weekend out and changing the plans you had to go and grovel/show you appreciation of your wonderful girlfriend would earn big points in my book.

we don't ask for much 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Surely it's better than nothing?

Yes, but better still – you get your arse up there, imo.

Of course it all depends what you mean by "I've messed up". If you've just been stroppy on the phone then forget it, but if you've been caught with your pants down, then get moving. imo

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

300 miles away?! I daresay her local boyfriend will have bought her some flowers by now, don't worry

It's funny 'cause it's true!

nonk
    Free Member

well yes as ernie says if its that bad get up the road.

ojom
    Free Member

You on that train yet?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so what did you do?

Sparx
    Free Member

Haven't been caught with my pants down, but my girlfriend pretty much thinks I'm romantically involved with a really close female friend.

Me being Mr clever clogs told a fib about seeing this friend, consequently i got found out and have given my girlfriend 'proof' that something is going on.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmmm, you f**ked up, you f**ked up big, and you didn't evey get to have 'bubba' sparx out for some fun.

You might as well have as she's going to be thinking…. Revenge!

You don't want to send flowers… 24 hour surveillance is more appropriate.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Plonker 🙂 gonna be hard to talk yourself out of that one. Non consummated affair anyway is it not?

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

yeah.. flowers won't cut it. being serious here, I might be worried about sending them – could almost be seen as a guilt-ridden gesture. I might be over-thinking it, but hey, I'm a girl..

this is me assuming you haven't sorted it all out yet. if your girlfriend has already forgiven you, then fair enough, flowers are appropriate.

Sparx
    Free Member

I was afraid of the flowers being seen as a guilty gesture. Might let her cool off first and talk things through.

mr_whacky
    Free Member

Ive used proflowers.com a few times to send flowers back to UK to family etc. Sure they use local florists, but not sure which ones!

its a US based company, cheaper than any UK company i found to deliver the same thing, and ive had nothing but good reports on the flowers they send.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

could almost be seen as a guilt-ridden gesture.

Yep. A 300 mile train journey will prove that it's her you care about – not the "close female friend".

An interflora delivery will make her think that you reckon it's ok to screw around as long as you send her a bunch of flowers every now and again.

…..and don't lie in future 💡

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

miaowing_kat has a good point. Get on that train if you want to keep her

Sparx
    Free Member

…..and don't lie in future

Certainly not going to happen again! until I can get down I'm going to attempt a hand written letter perhaps with a little parcel of things that mean something to both of us, photos etc

Better start making it up to her, cheers guys and girls.

The witty comments didn’t go unnoticed, they did make me chuckle
    😉

richcc
    Free Member

If you do want to send flowers now or at some other point in the future – then Imogen Stone are great. I think I normally click through Quidco or some other site and get cashback.

bruneep

….you didn't touch the GF's mother did you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Girl trouble, need a good online flourist that delivers’ is closed to new replies.