Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Gingers stand up and be counted
  • bruneep

DNA project aims to count Scots red heads

A project is being launched which aims to find out how many people in Scotland carry the red hair ginger gene.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-20237511

hnads up then

baldy here

thejesmonddingo

Be nice to know who they are,makes the cull so much easier.

wwaswas

hnads up then

my nads are staying where they are.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I carry the ginger gene, my wife carries the ginger gene and we have produced a ginger child. Too much Irn Bru as a kid I suspect…

woody2000

jota180
    Free Member

something for you all

wwaswas

my wife taught some ginger twins.

Their mum and dad both had black hair (but, one assumes, ginger genes lurking about)

The mum ended up dyeing her hair ginger ‘cos they got fed up with the funny looks they got when they were out as a family.

woody2000

I am not ginger BTW. We had a nervous few months when Jnr W2K MKII came out as he was very ginger, thought we were going to have to put him up for adoption. He’s just strawberry blond now, think it will darken a bit more in time though.

Phew! 😉

Dolcered

I am not, but the ginger gene is close.
    red headed faither.

i like red hair like Isla Fishers.

Fantombiker

Yep, I’m a ginger, love it, love the freckles and the fact I stand out from the normals. For a long time I considered myself a superior being….this view has somewhat faded in later years….

Saw a documentary that said girls found pale skin unattractive due to darwinism making them choose less ‘sickly’ looking partners. However Girl gingers were highly attracive to Males becuase they were regarded as hot-tempered…not sure how this related to darwinism but you get my drift..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Strawberry Blonde = Ginger

Northwind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCi7Xg7UeQ[/video]

Northwind

Ah well while I’m at it

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw[/video]

bol

Ah, Gingers, the last minority group you can openly stigmatise and discriminate against. Excellent. Both my kids are gingers, so the fun never ends in our house. 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I went to see one of those Harry Potter films, thought it was a bit far fetched if you ask me, I mean I can understand boys flying around on broomsticks but a ginger kid with 2 mates? Naaa.

boltonjon

Ginger pubes and sideburns here…..

bol

Boltonjon +1

My wife refers to it as “ginger tendencies”. She too has the gene, but no outward signs.

takisawa2

Mines not ginger, its “Autumn Sunrise”.

grum
    Free Member

It’s lucky that most gingers are properly radgy, if they weren’t then the amount of bullying they get would be a bit mean.

Northwind

takisawa2 – Member

Mines not ginger, its “Autumn Sunrise”.

My brother says his is “auburn”. He’s as ginger as a scottish midfielder though.

futuresorange
    Free Member

Full on gingerness here.

Ginger OH as well…….Any kids we have are doomed!

h4muf
    Free Member

Ginga reporting for duty Sah!

jonnycritchley
    Free Member

Ok, publics and chest… Black. Hair when I had some… Boyband blond…. Beard and Movember tosh….. Black, blond, brown and grey with a sinister undertone of ginge! So, reporting for duty!

TiRed

MCR1 homozygote here and a red beard. Wife is heterozygous and we have a kid with olive skin. At my age, most of my friends are grey 😈 .

And gingerism seems to be the last bastion of acceptable racism in my household!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Now just a Gingerchin…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Gingers stand up and be counted’ is closed to new replies.